Built-in Webcam not Detected Among Other Problems on Windows 10

eric_s07

I'm trying to troubleshoot my GFs girlfriend to no avail. At first, the built-in webcam on her Windows 10 laptop was not detected, so I tried downloading as many Windows 10 updates as possible to try to solve this. It got to a point where updates didn't install and I was stuck in an endless loop of Windows updates. Then I tried installing a bunch of drivers using Driver Booster. Long story short, bad idea. The touchpad isn't working well now. Finally, I tried resetting the laptop over night, but most of these problems persist. I'm seriously thinking about re-installing windows from a USB and start from scratch, but I don't have the Windows 10 key to reuse it (the laptop came with a legitimate windows key pre-installed and I don't want to lose that.) So can anyone help me out? Is there anything else I should try before re-installing Windows 10?

You should not loose the activation as the key is embedded in the bios/mobo. You maybe able to use produkey to retrieve it.

Additionally, if you have not done so create a MS account. You can reactivate windows by just signing back into your ms account in windows.

Never use driver booster to install drivers. Always go to your device manufactures website to install drivers.