Sennheiser 599 worth it?

Can currently get the Sennheiser HD599 SE for like £90. Are they worth it for that price? Need some wired headphones and they seem to be the exact same as the 598 that loads of people raved about a few years ago. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

They are better than 598 imo. Also at 90 pounds they are more than worth it I would go for it. Just know the caveats of an open back headphone

26 minutes ago, rice guru said:

They are better than 598 imo. Also at 90 pounds they are more than worth it I would go for it. Just know the caveats of an open back headphone

I know they’re open back etc. They’d just be for indoor use anyway. I have some BT 4.5s for travel etc. Cheers!

1 hour ago, Lord Vile said:

Can currently get the Sennheiser HD599 SE for like £90. Are they worth it for that price? Need some wired headphones and they seem to be the exact same as the 598 that loads of people raved about a few years ago. 

For that price I wouldn't hesitate.

I own the original 598 SE's - bought them for $150 CAD and they were well worth the cost.

I have since upgraded to the HD 6xx, but my fiancee still uses the 598 SE's fairly regularly.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

16 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I own the original 598 SE's - bought them for $150 CAD and they were well worth the cost.

I have since upgraded to the HD 6xx, but my fiancee still uses the 598 SE's fairly regularly.

I haven't touched the 598 since I sold it long time ago (had the beige version), but remind me of one thing please. They are too bright compared to the 6XX, right? I remember having to listen to the 598 at really low volumes because of the treble fatiguing the shit out of me.

37 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Would love some 6xx's but can't justify the price lol

56 minutes ago, HumdrumPenguin said:

I haven't touched the 598 since I sold it long time ago (had the beige version), but remind me of one thing please. They are too bright compared to the 6XX, right? I remember having to listen to the 598 at really low volumes because of the treble fatiguing the shit out of me.

I personally didn't find them super bright but the time I had with them I didn't really have any nice source gear. I found them boring better than anything I've ever heard at the time but was pretty boring the 599 on the other hand is tuned closer to the 6xx nice warm sound but a tad brighter than 6xx

2 hours ago, HumdrumPenguin said:

Well, I would say that the 6xx's are easier to listen at louder levels, but not by much. I've plenty of times cranked my 598's to maximum and listened to that for long periods, from an iPhone source. Doing the same on the 6xx's certainly sounds better, but both are comfortable for me with little to no fatigue.

2 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

Would love some 6xx's but can't justify the price lol

I got them from the 2nd run Drop campaign on the old MassDrop - they were selling them for $150 USD plus shipping and sales taxes.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

5 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Well, I would say that the 6xx's are easier to listen at louder levels, but not by much. I've plenty of times cranked my 598's to maximum and listened to that for long periods, from an iPhone source. Doing the same on the 6xx's certainly sounds better, but both are comfortable for me with little to no fatigue.

I got them from the 2nd run Drop campaign on the old MassDrop - they were selling them for $150 USD plus shipping and sales taxes.

Lol shipping and import tax would be lovely I’m guessing 

1 minute ago, Lord Vile said:

Lol shipping and import tax would be lovely I’m guessing 

Wasn't too bad - 13% tax, same as I would pay for an item locally. I don't recall what I paid for shipping, but it wasn't too horrible.

If you're in the UK or the EU, shipping tends to be way worse.

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Wasn't too bad - 13% tax, same as I would pay for an item locally. I don't recall what I paid for shipping, but it wasn't too horrible.

If you're in the UK or the EU, shipping tends to be way worse.

In the UK ;) tbh I really want the drop control keyboard but again money 

On 5/29/2020 at 11:39 AM, rice guru said:

I personally didn't find them super bright but the time I had with them I didn't really have any nice source gear. I found them boring better than anything I've ever heard at the time but was pretty boring the 599 on the other hand is tuned closer to the 6xx nice warm sound but a tad brighter than 6xx

When I bought it I didn't even know what the f**#& an amplifier was, and the sound was crappy when not plugged to anything, to the point that I didn't use it for months right after buying it. Then I started learning things and got an Asus Xonar Essence STX to start playing with. But on the sound card I remember it was really fatiguing.