Help with AMD and Apollo Twin MKII

Hey guys, hopefully someone can give me some insight.  I recently went from my macbook pro to a custom built pc for my audio and gaming. But for some reason I can't get my pc to recognize my Apollo Twin MKII. I have tried three different thunderbolt to usb c adapters, downloaded drivers, watched videos on youtube and still nothing.  I have the amd ryzen 7 and my motherboard does not have a thunderbolt 3 slot. There are no available motherboards or pcie cards that I find that is compatible with amd and thunderbolt 3 Any tips? Has anyone experienced this issue? I really don't want to have to buy a new interface.

It doesn't work because USB C is not Thunderbolt.  You can use a USB C device on a TB port, but not the other way around.  So, sadly, the Apollo Twin is not compatible with your PC. 

Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming Mini ITX is the only AMD Mobo I know of that has TB3.  

https://www.amazon.com/X570-Phantom-Gaming-ITX-TB3-Thunderbolt/dp/B07VXYYG7F

Some people know this, some people don't, but Thunderbolt was developed by Intel (in collaboration with Apple) and only recently have they started allowing AMD boards to use TB.  Probably because USB 4 is around the corner, and its essentially Thunderbolt 3. 

The Apollo Twin MkI, is a USB interface with almost identical performance and specs, so you may be able to find someone to trade.  Certainly cheaper than a $350 motherboard with only one PCIe slot.