Seasonic psu question

IC4

So I recently got a seasonic focus PX 850 on backorder, I just recently read some forum posts saying the focus was bad for rtx 2080 ti’s? Apparently the load would sometimes shut them off? I know the focus px is the new Revised unit and the forums I read were complaining about the 2017-2018 seasonic focus plus. Does anyone know if this was fixed? I will be upgrading to the 3000 series and the ryzen 4000 series and I want to make sure I can use the top tier components with no issues with this power supply

The old focus was the FX. It was bad with high transient power draw (1080 ti, Vega 56/64, 2080 ti, some GTX 970 models) but the PX, the new version, is fine.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

What's the TDP of all the components, and the power supply's rated wattage? Afaik Seasonic Focus is absolutely top tier...

2 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

What's the TDP of all the components, and the power supply's rated wattage? Afaik Seasonic Focus is absolutely top tier...

Seasonic doesn't make universally bad power supplies, but they don't make universally good units either. the FX just had a defect.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Seasonic doesn't make universally bad power supplies, but they don't make universally good units either. the FX just had a defect.

Thank you, now I’m more confident In my purchase, I was going to go to the prime px if I could but right now there’s nothing on sale, lucky to get this on backorder alone.