Ryzen 5 3600 Heat Issue

Go to solution Solved by Jessee,
2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I don’t know. I don’t keep up with the ins and outs of the grand AMD bios saga.  Shouldn’t have much to do with current issues though I suppose it might be possible.  Someone else might know.  Probably couldn’t hurt.  Does your cpu make the minimum numbers advertised using the stock cooler?  If it doesn’t you may be able to RMA it on the grounds that it is below minimum spec.

well updating my bios fixed it. Memory express said they updated the bios for me when i bought the mobo and cpu..... assholes, now im at 80deg no throttle stock cooler. gunna buy a better cooler anyways, H100i PLATINUM SE is the new upgrade.

I LOVE YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HELP YOU BEAUTIFUL HUMAN BEING, i want to kiss u

Just bought a ryzen 5 3600 and ive noticed my temps under full load through prime95 are at 95deg??? im using an h60 AIO with fans on both sides of the rad for cooling. is this normal? Im idling at 50deg no OC

XVSZqb2V.jpg

Got enough thermal paste? Is the cooler mount secure??

16 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Got enough thermal paste? Is the cooler mount secure??

re-applied thermal paste and resecured cooler. now im at 93.8deg under load

Just now, Jessee said:

re-applied thermal paste and resecured cooler. now im at 93.8deg under load

Do you have high ambient temps? High case temps?

What is the case and case fan config? Care to take a pic?

And yes also as suggested, check to be sure the pump is turning.

Should hear it or feel a slight vibration. 

19 minutes ago, AshRiver said:

Check the pump. It could be a dead aio. Turn off pbo. Use negative offset voltage from 0.05v to 0.1v. 

Im going to buy a new cooler tomorrow. Idk ive tried everything. pump still works. I have an x570 mobo. idk why its overheating like this

1 minute ago, Jessee said:

Im going to buy a new cooler tomorrow. Idk ive tried everything. pump still works. I have an x570 mobo. idk why its overheating like this

Well the h60 IS the bottom of the barrel aio cooler. A DH-15 would eat it for lunch in terms of cooling ability. 

BUT, I'd think it would fair better than the stock cooler at least......... dunno "shrugs"

4 minutes ago, Jessee said:

6 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Do you have high ambient temps? High case temps?

What is the case and case fan config? Care to take a pic?

And yes also as suggested, check to be sure the pump is turning.

Should hear it or feel a slight vibration. 

I only have 1 exhaust and then my power supply rn, my other fan didint fit above on the top mount do to the cpu power connector.. EDIT Mobo at 28deg

XVSZqb2V.jpg

2 minutes ago, Jessee said:

Lead chip?  do you still have the stock cooler that came with the chip? Is it as bad?  It should be worse.

The problem with doing pre-autooverclock like AMD does is a lead chip won’t make it to stock.  H60i is a 120mm watercooler which isn’t exactly hardcore but it should also be better than the stock cooler.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Jessee said:

I only have 1 exhaust and then my power supply rn, my other fan didint fit above on the top mount do to the cpu power connector

XVSZqb2V.jpg_large 376.95 kB · 1 download

Well I cannot view the picture. Get some weird error. Just upload it to the forum post. drag and drop.

But from the description, if you worked the case cooling, probably get better temps. You want lots of good cool intakes.

Would you be opposed to a different case vs the cooler? (this/these is an idea, I'm not telling you what you should do btw)

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Well I cannot view the picture. Get some weird error. Just upload it to the forum post. drag and drop.

But from the description, if you worked the case cooling, probably get better temps. You want lots of good cool intakes.

Would you be opposed to a different case vs the cooler? (this/these is an idea, I'm not telling you what you should do btw)

here try this. I have 3 intakes 2 exhaust fans

XVSZqb2V.jpg

Oh you just need to reconfigure the case.

The fan sucking air through the rad is doing a poor job. 

If only using a single fan, you want it to blow onto the rad, just like you blow on hot food before you seer the top of your neck hole lol.

Rad to the top mount. Fan pushing up and out for exhaust. (flip the fan over)

Where the rad is now, another intake. 

The other two are fine.

One other thought looking at the pic is you’ve got a single vertical top fan port with no filter on it.  Attaching the 120mm rad to that with the fan blowing out might not be the worst idea.  Only might not though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

If only using a single fan, you want it to blow onto the rad, just like you blow on hot food before you seer the top of your neck hole lol.

The other two are fine.

I have another fan you cant see pushing air through the rad. I also cant fit my rad or a fan even on the top mount because of my cpu power con

4 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

The other two are fine.

heres another pic to show what i mean

mHb_4Pe5.jpg

Just now, Jessee said:

I have another fan you cant see pushing air through the rad. I also cant fit my rad or a fan even on the top mount because of my cpu power con

Question real quick then. 

When it's humpin some Prime95 at 90c, do the cooling tubes feel warm after a short period of time?

2 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

When it's humpin some Prime95 at 90c, do the cooling tubes feel warm after a short period of time?

tubes dont feel that warm. prime95 is def humpin

6 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

UPDATE MY CPU JUST HIT FUCKING 102c

4 minutes ago, dobuybuildgo said:

I recommend putting the radiator on the top (or back) of the case and configure the fan to blow air out the top.  Heat rises, so it will only help.  The front fan looks good to bring in fresh air.

I cant fit it at the top. Maybe ill do the back, might try different options. would rather not spend 250 on a new cooler but whatever. as long as my princess is happy and as cool as my beer im aggressively sipping while stressing about this

Just now, dobuybuildgo said:

NZXT 500's aren't the best air flow but you shouldn't be hitting that with a stock speed 3600 and an AIO.  What does corsair link or icue tell you about the pump?

doesnt show up in icue.

6 minutes ago, Jessee said:

UPDATE MY CPU JUST HIT FUCKING 102c

That's definitely the cooler issue, even with bad airflow the ryzen 3600 shouldn't reach 102 degrees with proper functioning AIO.

2 minutes ago, Promosss said:

That's definitely the cooler issue, even with bad airflow the ryzen 3600 shouldn't reach 102 degrees with proper functioning AIO.

my old fx8350 at like 1.425v didint hit this high tho. same cooler. that thing was fine and i oc'd it to the max my build would let me. i would get max 75-80c

3 minutes ago, Promosss said:

Agreed, definitely the aio...do you have the pump control plugged in and that is connected to the CPU fan or AIO pump connector?  All I can think is that it got

Consultant by day, terrible youtuber by night.  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDDr_uxt6MSeUTsd8hmDOXw