Kraken X53 not sure if pump running...

Hi so I have the following build: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/cawilson94/saved/xkJVcf

I installed the X53 pump as shown in this guide: https://www.nzxt.com/manuals/krakenx/X52-X62-amd.html

NZXT CAM shows my teemps at about 60 degrees with a few things running, I dont think it should be that high. Equally I don't hear the water in the pumps... not sure what it should sound like at all. 

The NZXT Cam dashboard shows the pump is working, I think? From the looks of it?

So I am not sure if .. the pump is trying to do something but no water is going in or something or I need to apply therman paste to it. Any ideas? It came with thermal paste applied so I thought that should be fine but I am doubting this. The PC is a bit louder than I expected for something that should be water cooled. 

camlinustech.png

linuscooling.png

I'm sure your pump is running if Cam is reporting so.

If you want to make sure you can simply touch the pump-top with your finger and you should feel very slight vibrations.

Are you sure the block is properly mounted on the CPU?

Is there enough airflow going through your radiator? The H210i is terrible when it comes to airflow.
If the rad is mounted in the front you can test this by simply removing the front of the case.

Hello and welcome.

You fluid temp is reported to be 32*C and your pump shows the expected RPM so that all seems fine.  I would check your mounting pressure of the block.  Do you remember how much you tightened down?

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

2 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

I'm sure your pump is running if Cam is reporting so.

If you want to make sure you can simply touch the pump-top with your finger and you should feel very slight vibrations.

Are you sure the block is properly mounted on the CPU?

Is there enough airflow going through your radiator? The H210i is terrible when it comes to airflow.
If the rad is mounted in the front you can test this by simply removing the front of the case.

Do you have airflow advice for the case i.e. which fans should be exhaust and such? I am fairly new to even thinking about airflow tbh. I will check the airflow for the front though I have the fans on the outside of the radiator if that helps.. 

1 minute ago, nick name said:

Hello and welcome.

You fluid temp is reported to be 32*C and your pump shows the expected RPM so that all seems fine.  I would check your mounting pressure of the block.  Do you remember how much you tightened down?

I didn't tighten down too much as I didnt want to break it tbh.. I will see if I can tighten it down a lil more. Asumming more pressure is better?

3 minutes ago, purplecoffee said:

I didn't tighten down too much as I didnt want to break it tbh.. I will see if I can tighten it down a lil more. Asumming more pressure is better?

Usually they will bottom out which is what you want but it depends on your platform. What CPU is it?

7 minutes ago, purplecoffee said:

Do you have airflow advice for the case i.e. which fans should be exhaust and such? I am fairly new to even thinking about airflow tbh. I will check the airflow for the front though I have the fans on the outside of the radiator if that helps.. 

What do you mean with outside?
The fans either push or pull air through the radiator. Doesn't make too much of a difference usually.

When it comes to airflow there should simply be enough space between the fans or radiator and the front of the case and there should be enough ventelation holes. The H210i simply isn't very well ventilated.

15 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

Usually they will bottom out which is what you want but it depends on your platform. What CPU is it?

Ryzen 3700x although not sure what bottom out means... Clicks?

9 minutes ago, purplecoffee said:

Ryzen 3700x although not sure what bottom out means... Clicks?

"reach the lowest position" is essentially what it means.

Since that online manual shows that the screws around the pump bracket are thumbscrews, you keep tightening them until the they stop. Once they have stopped, do not attempt to tighten them further in case you end up damaging something.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

How are the tubes oriented on the CPU?  My AIO works best when the block is oriented so that the tubes are at the bottom and you may find changing your orientation to help.  But I would first add a little pressure.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

2 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

"reach the lowest position" is essentially what it means.

Since that online manual shows that the screws around the pump bracket are thumbscrews, you keep tightening them until the they stop. Once they have stopped, do not attempt to tighten them further in case you end up damaging something.

You're gonna wanna use a screw driver.  

2 hours ago, nick name said:

You're gonna wanna use a screw driver.  

ah ok yeah I did this there was a little room left  but opened up the nzxt cam dashboard and it seems about the same so far

Get HWiNFO and use that instead if you're just looking at temps.  Cam might be like iCUE and cause a higher "idle" temp.  

1 hour ago, nick name said:

Get HWiNFO and use that instead if you're just looking at temps.  Cam might be like iCUE and cause a higher "idle" temp.  

Cheers for the tip! Giving it a go now :) 

4 hours ago, nick name said:

How are the tubes oriented on the CPU?  My AIO works best when the block is oriented so that the tubes are at the bottom and you may find changing your orientation to help.  But I would first add a little pressure.  

I had them on the bottom too :) thanks for the tip though :) 

4 hours ago, Senzelian said:

What do you mean with outside?
The fans either push or pull air through the radiator. Doesn't make too much of a difference usually.

When it comes to airflow there should simply be enough space between the fans or radiator and the front of the case and there should be enough ventelation holes. The H210i simply isn't very well ventilated.

ah yeah I meant when looking at the front, the fans are first then the radiator. But I previously had them pushing air out and the rear case fans pulling in. So switched this so its pulling in at front and the exhaust is pushing out. Seems to have done nothing tbh I think it might just be the case itself which is a shame. All the reviews I have read on this havent mentioned the terrible air flow. :( 

Thanks for your help though! Lots to think about for next time ! 

4 hours ago, nick name said:

Hello and welcome.

heyo, cant remember if I replied .. looks like no. But yeah opened it up and tightened the mount a bit more.. seems ok. So maybe these temps are ok? :S

38 minutes ago, purplecoffee said:

heyo, cant remember if I replied .. looks like no. But yeah opened it up and tightened the mount a bit more.. seems ok. So maybe these temps are ok? :S

It might just be the case.  Someone recently with essentially the same build (including case) was seeing the same temps as you.  If the front panel can be removed then I'd do that and see how temps respond.  

2 minutes ago, nick name said:

It might just be the case.  Someone recently with essentially the same build (including case) was seeing the same temps as you.  If the front panel can be removed then I'd do that and see how temps respond.  

Yeh seems like it. Will try that to confirm, thanks :)

9 hours ago, purplecoffee said:

Yeh seems like it. Will try that to confirm, thanks :)

Also can you test load temps? Run Cinebench 15 and see what the temps peak at (Cinebench 15 is a bit lighter on the CPU than Cinebench 20).