Splitting off cpu fan header

Byram

Hi. My motherboard only has 1 case fan header. I've got 2 pmw fans (0.259amp) to go in the front of the case and 2 x 3 pin fans to go in the back. Can I use a 3 way Y splitter off the cpu fan header to run the 2 pmw fans and the wraith stealth fan on my cpu and then use a 2 way Y splitter for the 2x 3 pin fans at the back?

25 minutes ago, Byram said:

Hi. My motherboard only has 1 case fan header. I've got 2 pmw fans (0.259amp) to go in the front of the case and 2 x 3 pin fans to go in the back. Can I use a 3 way Y splitter off the cpu fan header to run the 2 pmw fans and the wraith stealth fan on my cpu and then use a 2 way Y splitter for the 2x 3 pin fans at the back?

Fan Headers generally can sustain 1 amp unless it's a Pump Header which can do more, but even at 1 amp you can do what you're planning to do with no issues.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

25 minutes ago, Byram said:

I had no problems running with Y-splitters in the past.

9 minutes ago, Syn. said:

Fan Headers generally can sustain 1 amp unless it's a Pump Header which can do more, but even at 1 amp you can do what you're planning to do with no issues.

A lot of newer boards are rated for 2 amps. But nonetheless he will be fine.

6 hours ago, schwellmo92 said:

A lot of newer boards are rated for 2 amps. But nonetheless he will be fine.

A lot of newer fans are also rated way under 0.3A. So running even 4-5 fans on sigle header could be theoritically possible.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv