2020 Video Editing Laptop (4K) suggestions?

So I’m about to start editing soon as well as live streaming. The videos are going to be fairly basic (mainly talking/ vlogging) and the live streaming is going to be fairly similar. I’m looking for a laptop that can edit 4K videos easily and handle some light live streaming. The primary focus is editing since that is what it will mostly be used for. 

I would prefer a battery life of around 3 hours, and I will most likely have some form of external storage for the videos. The screen also does not have to be 4K even though I’m editing 4K footage since the footage will be so basic. Price also is not an issue really, so the main focus is getting a laptop that will do what I need.

Feel free to link or discuss any suggestions you have for me! It is greatly appreciated! Also any questions I will do my best to answer! Thanks!

The clear options are the new Renoir-based H series CPUs such as the Ryzen 7 4800H(S) and Ryzen 9 4900H(S) - they're FAR more powerful than any other laptop CPU and use a LOT less power than their closest i9 competitors. Look for an Asus Zephyrus G14/G15 if you want good battery life or the Asus A15/A17 if you want a cheaper alternative.

The first and most important question would be, why it has to be a laptop. You can usually build a competent workingstation and buy your self a good monitor as well as peripherals for the price of a decent and powerful laptop.

Well there’s a few factors, but the main two are space and portability. If I could, I’d build a desktop that would be much cheaper, but I sadly don’t have a ton of room. Plus, I’d like to have the option to edit on the go without buying a desktop then a separate laptop as well.

35 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

The clear options are the new Renoir-based H series CPUs such as the Ryzen 7 4800H(S) and Ryzen 9 4900H(S) - they're FAR more powerful than any other laptop CPU and use a LOT less power than their closest i9 competitors. Look for an Asus Zephyrus G14/G15 if you want good battery life or the Asus A15/A17 if you want a cheaper alternative.

Those are some definite competitors! I’m surprised at the price considering the hardware! I will make sure to keep those in mind. Thanks so much!

20 minutes ago, Xelater said:

Those are some definite competitors! I’m surprised at the price considering the hardware! I will make sure to keep those in mind. Thanks so much!

Those are the defacto options. If you want a powerful laptop with good battery life and low heat - your only option is Ryzen 4000. I'm not even joking. Even at a full unlocked 62W sustained, the best i9 models can't reach the 35W 4900HS

best solution is a good notebook with a GOOD monitor ( 100% SRGB  or more ) and a external monitor .....portabilty and power :)

but which notebook have this ?