Regedit

Can anyone help me on how to edit/delete MS Windows apps directory.

More precisely, to change protocol association with apps.

Which Windows version? On Windows 10, protocol associations can be set via Settings - Default apps.

Write in C.

1 hour ago, Dat Guy said:

Which Windows version? On Windows 10, protocol associations can be set via Settings - Default apps.

I can't, cant change nor remove.

Screenshot (72)_LI.jpg

You might have better luck if you right click on the file you want associated, choose open with, then more apps, then choose the program you want.

Doing a regedit to modify defaults isn't exactly the most straightforward with Windows 10

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

4 hours ago, wanderingfool2 said:

You might have better luck if you right click on the file you want associated, choose open with, then more apps, then choose the program you want.

Doing a regedit to modify defaults isn't exactly the most straightforward with Windows 10

I did that, but that only modify file association, and as I understand it and experience it, protocol have priority and always open with this app for it. I have tried regedit, but does't work. I am guessing have to edit MS Store path or something, I have no idea how.

On 5/23/2020 at 9:29 PM, We Didnt_t start_the_fire said:

Can anyone help me on how to edit/delete MS Windows apps directory.

More precisely, to change protocol association with apps.

Microsoft doc is your friend:

UWP:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/archive/msdn-magazine/2017/september/modern-apps-protocol-registration-and-activation-in-uwp-apps

Win32:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/search/-search-3x-wds-ph-install-registration

I will maybe try to try them later, some deep dive though, just locking for a quick fix. I glanced default program editor, doesn't seem to work for my specialized case. But thanks, will try more deep sometime later.