How many cores does stream labs use?

I was thinking about building a new PC and was considering getting a 10700k or 10900k. I am looking to get around 260-280 fps in OW while streaming because I play a decent amount of competitive and a school team ( I do use a 240Hz monitor) I am thinking about maybe going with a 2080 super (evga so can upgrade within 90 days if Ampere comes out). I don't really see any streaming benchmarks yet so I am looking forward to see what you guys say. 

From experience - using an 8c16t CPU - OBS (which I assume works with same as SLOBS) uses as many threads as I tell it to use, while CPU encoding.

Of course there is the NVENC encoder too.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

5 minutes ago, minibois said:

From experience - using an 8c16t CPU - OBS (which I assume works with same as SLOBS) uses as many threads as I tell it to use, while CPU encoding.

Of course there is the NVENC encoder too.

How do you tell it to use certain threads? I am using a 6820hk with a 1070 (laptop) and can't get consistent 120 fps while streaming even using NVENC new

Just now, Inkz said:

How do you tell it to use certain threads? I am using a 6820hk with a 1070 (laptop) and can't get consistent 120 fps while streaming even using NVENC new

Task Manager > Details > find slobs.exe (I assume that is how the program calls itself) > Right click > Set Affinity > choose whatever threads you want it to use

You could try the same for the game.

Of course this could introduce other instabilities, try at your own risk. Or invest in an external capture card, which takes away the video signals from your PC to that capture card (and possibly another PC behind it). Of course then you would have to check if the capture cards supports the resolution and refresh rate you're looking for.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 minutes ago, minibois said:

Task Manager > Details > find slobs.exe (I assume that is how the program calls itself) > Right click > Set Affinity > choose whatever threads you want it to use

You could try the same for the game.

Of course this could introduce other instabilities, try at your own risk. Or invest in an external capture card, which takes away the video signals from your PC to that capture card (and possibly another PC behind it). Of course then you would have to check if the capture cards supports the resolution and refresh rate you're looking for.

I have been considering getting a capture card to use my mirrorless camera as a webcam but wasn't sure. But for just game play capture do you think it might just be worth it to get a higher specced PC and process locally than spend money on the card? I am thinking about building a desktop anyways since while my 1070 isn't terrible my laptop CPU can't compete in more stressful tasks. And since a lot of games don't scale after about 8 cores I was thinking maybe 10900k with 10 so I could reserve those last 2 for stream and system. 

Not really knowing the answer to your question, but r5 2600 + rtx 2060 manage ~180fps in OW with custom low-high settings on 1080p while streaming (NVENC) in 1080p 60. 
So that setup shouldnt have any problems what so ever. 

Hmm also if I get a strong CPU would it make more sense to not use NVENC to save more GPU for the game?

Using around 17% of my GPU for 1080p 60, so I guess it's even less with a better GPU. Guess you gotta try what makes more sense. 

2 minutes ago, C17H23NO2 said:

Using around 17% of my GPU for 1080p 60, so I guess it's even less with a better GPU. Guess you gotta try what makes more sense. 

Guess when I get the build (going to be a few weeks since can't get 10th gen and mobo yet, but I could test it. Just curious do you play comp OW then?

1 hour ago, Inkz said:

Guess when I get the build (going to be a few weeks since can't get 10th gen and mobo yet, but I could test it. Just curious do you play comp OW then?

Yes I do, actually I am right now. :D 

2 hours ago, C17H23NO2 said:

Yes I do, actually I am right now. :D 

Oh I sweet, I am in mid diamond if you play comp.