Dell Dimension 4300S and a Flex ATX Power Supply

NTDaws

Hey guys, I'm thinking about doing a Dell dimension 4300s sleeper. I'm curious if a Flex ATX power supply will fit in Dell's proprietary size. I may have to drill holes but I just need to know it'll fit under the graphics card.

The geek himself.

2 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

Hey guys, I'm thinking about doing a Dell dimension 4300s sleeper. I'm curious if a Flex ATX power supply will fit in Dell's proprietary size. I may have to drill holes but I just need to know it'll fit under the graphics card.

i mean usually with sleepers , you mod the inside of the case to fit everything and then the outside is left to look as identical or the same as it was before 

so if you can i recommend just modding the case from the inside as all sleepers (at least the ones i saw )  

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

i mean usually with sleepers , you mod the inside of the case to fit everything and then the outside is left to look as identical or the same as it was before 

so if you can i recommend just modding the case from the inside as all sleepers (at least the ones i saw )  

I don't tend to care for the back IO that much.

The geek himself.

1 minute ago, Dawson Wehage said:

I don't tend to care for the back IO that much.

truth to be said i dont know a psu to fit in such a proprietary space so if you want to fit an atx psu in it i think modding is required but maybe as sfx psu could work  

could you tell us the exact model of the 4300s because there are normal atx ones and there are odd sized ones 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

6 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

truth to be said i dont know a psu to fit in such a proprietary space so if you want to fit an atx psu in it i think modding is required but maybe as sfx psu could work  

could you tell us the exact model of the 4300s because there are normal atx ones and there are odd sized ones 

No, not ATX, Flex ATX.

Screenshot_20200521-093121_Opera.jpg

The geek himself.

Just now, Dawson Wehage said:

No, not ATX, Flex ATX.

Screenshot_20200521-093121_Opera.jpg

oh my bad didnt see that lmao 

Build Log: 

still from what i have seen since i am not familiar with the 4300s series 

i saw multiple models of it 

so which one is it ? 

d4300s.png

Build Log: 

5 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

still from what i have seen since i am not familiar with the 4300s series 

i saw multiple models of it imageproxy.php?img=&key=0c2a8b7d8afbc61a

so which one is it ? 

d4300s.png

Skinny one top left

The geek himself.

so im back 

and this was harder than i thought 

from what i have seen there is next to nothing about the exact model of this machine but i have found a bit about the 4500s which apparently can fit a normal sized atx psu but im not sure which model they are talking about 

there is next to nothing about sleeper projects for this case (at least from what i have seen )  

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

so im back 

and this was harder than i thought 

from what i have seen there is next to nothing about the exact model of this machine but i have found a bit about the 4500s which apparently can fit a normal sized atx psu but im not sure which model they are talking about 

there is next to nothing about sleeper projects for this case (at least from what i have seen )  

It's never been used for a sleeper before as far as I'm aware. That's what makes it unique.

The geek himself.