I need help choosing ram sticks for 3rd gen ryzen

Hey guys, i am planning to build a new gaming but mostly productivity use Pc. I am going for the Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus x570P with Pcie gen4 ssd. But i am having trouble choosing the perfect ram sticks. The one that i have in mind is Team group Knight hawk 4000mhz CL.19. Will it perform any better or worse than 3200mhz CL.16 memory? I have very little knowledge about CL in rams. Thanks in advance!

So ryzen2?  AMD’s naming schemes get weird. The general rule for zen2 is get the fastest ram you can that is slower than 3733 (or is it 3766?) MHz.  

my understanding is 4000mhz memory will actually perform worse.  You could take the 4000mhz memory and slow it down and tighten the timings on it.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

location? Budget? Crucial Ballistix kits with E-die (3200mhz cl16 or 3000mhz cl15 timings) availability ? Those generally OC well up till 3800Mhz CL16 with 3rd gen ryzen. Sometimes only up to 3733mhz though.

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )