I want to temporarily pair an RTX 2080 with a 3400g, and a 500w power supply.

I recently built my first PC for my parents, and my Dad wanted to play GTA V on it. It started to freeze after he had been playing for 10-15 minutes, and told him to restart the game. It told him to try re-installing if the problem wasn't fixed. We reinstalled 3 times. I personally think that the onboard graphics on the 3400g are being overtaxed(1920 by 1080 @75hz), because the cpu fans tends to get very loud when playing the game. I can play Fortnite, but not GTA V on that pc. We have an RTX 2080 on a shelf for a future build(mine), and I was wondering if I could temporarily put that in there to find out if there is a GPU bottleneck. If there is, we can plan on possibly getting another graphics card for that computer(1050-1060(or AMD equivalent) or something). I feel that the RTX 2080 will crush any possible bottleneck, but I don't know if it will run with a 500 watt power supply. Will it run if I have a setup of a 3400g(CPU), Hyper 212 RGB(CPU Cooler), Asus TUF Gaming b450m(Motherboard), 500w Thermaltake Smart 80+ White Certified(PSU)? The RAM is clocked at CL16 2933mhz. If it won't run under the 500w limit, can I limit maximum usage to 75%, or 50% to reduce power cosumption. How would I do that? I thank you for any help you can provide on whether the RTX 2080 can run under 500w power supply, or if you think you know what the problem with GTA 5 on the 3400G is.

https://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator

If you stick all components in this it will give you an idea. 
Your CPU will bottle neck abit but if you plan to change it don't worry about it. If it's sat doing nothing might aswell enjoy it while you can! 

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

8 minutes ago, Maniac.FN said:

All right. Thanks!

That power supply is HORRIBLE. the TT white models are abysmal. Do NOT use that under any circumstances

I know many people that use this and nobody has had any problems. One of my friends uses a 2080 ti, and trusts Thermaltake enough to use the 700w model of this for his high end system. He even had the option to buy a Seasonic one that was 80+ Gold, and he turned it down even though it was only $40 more.