Ryzen 5 3600 restarts randomly

Merdoglan

Hello all, i built a new pc last week. First 3 days it worked just fine but 5 nights ago while i was playing some games, system randomly restarted first time. After i logged back to windows, it restarted again.

And since then it still keeps restarting and i cant find why is this happening.

So, here is my system;

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 w/stock cooler

gpu: sapphire rx 5600 xt

ram: hp v6 2x8gb ddr4 3200

mobo: asrock b450m hdv r4

psu: aerocool cylon 600w +80

And here is my list.

1. first i thought it was a software issue. I clean installed windows again. This time when i tried to install graphic drivers system got restarted.

2. It seemed as a gpu error. So i replace it with an old gtx970. Still restarts while installing gpu drivers.

3. Back to 5600 xt. I installed ubuntu on another ssd. And run glmark2. it got 18k points.

4. Checked bios version. I already got the latest version. Also loaded the default bios settings. Even if i never changed them in the first place.

5. Back to windows. Downloaded OCCT and Prime95. And with both program system run smoothly about 30mins. After 30mins i manually stopped tests.

6. I run windows ram test and also memtest86. Got 0 errors.

7. In the "event viewer"  the problem looks as "kernel-power" event id 41 task category 63". So i thought it might be psu. Replaced the psu with another 750w from my other system. And still got restarts

8. I read sometimes os on ssd's cause this issue. Then clean installed windows again on hdd. But system still restarts.

And here i am. Still got no solutions. Also cant use my new system for almost a week. If you have any idea why this is happening. Please let me know

33 minutes ago, Merdoglan said:

Hello all, i built a new pc last week. First 3 days it worked just fine but 5 nights ago while i was playing some games, system randomly restarted first time. After i logged back to windows, it restarted again.

And since then it still keeps restarting and i cant find why is this happening.

So, here is my system;

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 w/stock cooler

gpu: sapphire rx 5600 xt

ram: hp v6 2x8gb ddr4 3200

mobo: asrock b450m hdv r4

psu: aerocool cylon 600w +80

And here is my list.

1. first i thought it was a software issue. I clean installed windows again. This time when i tried to install graphic drivers system got restarted.

2. It seemed as a gpu error. So i replace it with an old gtx970. Still restarts while installing gpu drivers.

3. Back to 5600 xt. I installed ubuntu on another ssd. And run glmark2. it got 18k points.

4. Checked bios version. I already got the latest version. Also loaded the default bios settings. Even if i never changed them in the first place.

5. Back to windows. Downloaded OCCT and Prime95. And with both program system run smoothly about 30mins. After 30mins i manually stopped tests.

6. I run windows ram test and also memtest86. Got 0 errors.

7. In the "event viewer"  the problem looks as "kernel-power" event id 41 task category 63". So i thought it might be psu. Replaced the psu with another 750w from my other system. And still got restarts

8. I read sometimes os on ssd's cause this issue. Then clean installed windows again on hdd. But system still restarts.

And here i am. Still got no solutions. Also cant use my new system for almost a week. If you have any idea why this is happening. Please let me know

9. That only leaves your motherboard as the culprit, that I can see at least. That kernal power error message pretty much confirms it. After you already replaced the power supply, the only other thing that provides power to your motherboard are its VRM's, and they apparently suck, so you should replace it with something else. There are some decent motherboards you can get within the $100 range. It just depends on how much you are willing to spend. 

Link: Is the lack of ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0's VRM cooling really that bad?

That motherboard is really, really bad. Who the hell said it's the best for budget? Just because something is the absolute cheapest almost never means that it's best for the budget.

First, VRMs are really bad. Yes, they are too weak for Ryzen 3000 without additional air flow. NOW, additional airflow DOES NOT mean after market heatsinks, or case fans. It means you need to jury rig a fan to the MOBO, usually with zip ties, so the air runs directly over the VRMs. Heatsinks don't work because the air the exhaust is already heated up by the cpu. And case fans are usually too far away or are exhausting heated air.

Next, It has 2 fan headers for case fans, so you almost literally do not have enough fan headers for an additional case fan. Even then if you do, and go with one case fan, you are sacrificing cooling in your case for VRM cooling, and I'm not sure that's good idea for thermals of everything else.

It terms of feature set it is really bad. No type c, No RGB headers, very few back panel USB ports,

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Update: Today took my mobo and cpu to the computer store. And i got my cpu replaced. Since then system is stable. Thanks a lot