Particles on CPU Won't Come Off/Repaste Problems

Hey fellas, I need some help here. A while ago I re-applied some higher quality thermal paste on my GX701GWR laptop, but the temperatures were higher than expected. I've repasted the laptop several times trying to figure out why they were higher than they should be, even tried liquid metal once, and I think I found the problem but I'm not really sure what to do about it.

During one of the repastes I think some particles of dust or something got onto the CPU and that's why the thermals are worse, but I'm not really sure how to get them off.. they just stay on the cpu die when I try to clean or brush them off. What should I do?

pics of the cpu die:

20200519_161050.jpg

cpu.jpg

Are you cleaning with alcohol?  Could it be damage caused by liquid metal?

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Just now, Alex Atkin UK said:

Are you cleaning with alcohol?  Could it be damage caused by liquid metal?

I tried cleaning with alcohol and arcticlean parts 1 and 2. I don't think that could be caused by liquid metal, but I could be wrong.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

8 minutes ago, A Friendly N00b said:

I tried cleaning with alcohol and arcticlean parts 1 and 2. I don't think that could be caused by liquid metal, but I could be wrong.

I admit its doesn't look like any the Google searches I could find for Liquid Metal, but its certainly a possibility.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

4 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

I dont think he would have delidded the cpu, at least on both my laptops there was no IHS, just bare die.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: Reference 5700XT (Asus) Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X470-F RAM: Corsair 32GB Vengeance 3600Mhz PSU: Corsair RM850X White

Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB Storage: 500GB WD SN750 M.2, 4TB Samsung EVO SSD Case: NZXT H500i White

Keyboard: Asus ROG Strix Flare (MX Red) Mouse: Corsair Sabre RGB

Just now, CPT_BEEMO said:

I dont think he would have delidded the cpu, at least on both my laptops there was no IHS, just bare die.

I should have said when I repasted the bare die after removing the ihs.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

51 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

this is the stuff I've been trying to use, but haven't had much success so far. which one of these do you think i should be using more of, part 1 or part 2?

my theory so far is that the particles may have been burned onto the cpu die, since they were probably still there last time i turned the laptop on. still leaves the question of how to get 'em off 🤔

or maybe i'm just completely wrong lol

2 hours ago, A Friendly N00b said:

this is the stuff I've been trying to use, but haven't had much success so far. which one of these do you think i should be using more of, part 1 or part 2?

my theory so far is that the particles may have been burned onto the cpu die, since they were probably still there last time i turned the laptop on. still leaves the question of how to get 'em off 🤔

or maybe i'm just completely wrong lol

you don't need much

Somewhere between 2000 and 3000 grit wet sanding paper will take it off all else fails chemical wise. 

Good luck.