iTek Taurus RESOLUX THE CHEAPEST 32" curved display 144Hz 2k on amazon

deathfrankcore

One week ago i updated my setup with a big screen from a 24" 1080p 60hz display to a 32" 2k 144Hz curved display. I went on youtube Italy to search some reviews about cheap 144hz monitors and I found a review about this Itek monitor. i was like "what the fork? Itek does monitor too?" the answer is ya. my expetation were low but the guy from the review said that it was one of the best 144 Hz display, so i ordered it on amazon and after 2-3 days it came home.

The packaging was pretty bad, it was just a simple box with no logo or writings (except for the "fragile" logo). I unboxed it and i found out that it came with a displayport cable, the monitor stand (not adjustable) and the lightest power adapter i ever had (the one that came with my led strip is heavier and i only paid 15€ for 5m). The monitor is frameless but only if is off, if you turn it on the screen is 6mm (3mm on the bottom part)  away from the frame so if you add the frame to the black box you get 12mm of frame (16mm on the bottom part) so it's frameless but it still have a 1.2 cm frame when turned on. the IO is composed of 1 display port, 3 hdmi and a jack out (+ the dc input) but on the amazon page it says "3 DisplayPort e HDMI" . Now we talk about the image quality. The monitor is 2k so its quality is good and it can show colors really good. the panel is IPS so with high frequency you can see some ghosting while moving around windows but on games it does a great job because it have the free sync compatibility. 
PRO:
Low price (370€)
big screen 

luminosity 

colors

QHD

low response time 1ms

Cons:
ghosting
fake "frameless" label

8 minutes ago, deathfrankcore said:

One week ago i updated my setup with a big screen from a 24" 1080p 60hz display to a 32" 2k 144Hz curved display. I went on youtube Italy to search some reviews about cheap 144hz monitors and I found a review about this Itek monitor. i was like "what the fork? Itek does monitor too?" the answer is ya. my expetation were low but the guy from the review said that it was one of the best 144 Hz display, so i ordered it on amazon and after 2-3 days it came home.

The packaging was pretty bad, it was just a simple box with no logo or writings (except for the "fragile" logo). I unboxed it and i found out that it came with a displayport cable, the monitor stand (not adjustable) and the lightest power adapter i ever had (the one that came with my led strip is heavier and i only paid 15€ for 5m). The monitor is frameless but only if is off, if you turn it on the screen is 6mm (3mm on the bottom part)  away from the frame so if you add the frame to the black box you get 12mm of frame (16mm on the bottom part) so it's frameless but it still have a 1.2 cm frame when turned on. the IO is composed of 1 display port, 3 hdmi and a jack out (+ the dc input) but on the amazon page it says "3 DisplayPort e HDMI" . Now we talk about the image quality. The monitor is 2k so its quality is good and it can show colors really good. the panel is IPS so with high frequency you can see some ghosting while moving around windows but on games it does a great job because it have the free sync compatibility. 
PRO:
Low price (370€)
big screen 

luminosity 

colors

QHD

low response time 1ms

Cons:
ghosting
fake "frameless" label

Is this a review or?

1 minute ago, abcdefghivjklmnop said:

Is this a review or?

it should be

On 5/19/2020 at 6:33 PM, deathfrankcore said:

QHD

It can't have both at the same time, since 2k is Full HD.

2k is 1920x1080 (or to be very precise: 2048x1080. Sometimes 2048x1536).

2k = approx. 2000 Pixels on the long side.

1920 is much closer to 2000 than 2560 is.

And if 4k Resolution is 3840 horizontal pixel, then 2k can only be 1920 horizontal pixel - half of that.

.... It sadly doesn't help, when Asus and Huawei do it wrong too, and use "2k" in their Marketing, when the Display has in fact 2560x1440 or 2560x1600 :/

1 hour ago, Darkseth said:

It can't have both at the same time, since 2k is Full HD.

2k is 1920x1080 (or to be very precise: 2048x1080. Sometimes 2048x1536).

2k = approx. 2000 Pixels on the long side.

1920 is much closer to 2000 than 2560 is.

And if 4k Resolution is 3840 horizontal pixel, then 2k can only be 1920 horizontal pixel - half of that.

.... It sadly doesn't help, when Asus and Huawei do it wrong too, and use "2k" in their Marketing, when the Display has in fact 2560x1440 or 2560x1600 :/

on amazon it says "Risolution QHD 2K (2560x1440)" idk if that's right or not

yea, that's what iTek wrote in the Product name / description.

Probably for marketing reasons i think. Anything with a "k" sounds better, than the resolution itself, or something like "WQHD".

But they do it wrong too. Not sure, if on purpose, or not

I know, i'm very picky on that topic tho :P