7 months later and i find out CoolerMaster sent me the wrong 212

ImASexyBa

This is frickin annoying. I currently have an Am3+ system, and back in november i picked a coolermaster 212 for it. I intentionally went looking for an am3+ / am4 cooler knowing FULL WELL that within a year i would be going Ryzen.

At this point my ryzen 5 3600 is in its box next to me, and my MSI x470 G.P.M. will be here wednesday for sure, and my 2x8gb ram and my 512gb M.2 nvme is currently ... uh ... wandering around on an amazon truck. IDK.

so anyways, today i have been looking for case fans. Theres alot of LED 3 packs online so i figured use 1 each for case intake, CPU intake, and case exhaust, and use the CM212 fan for cpu exhaust. So i wind up on amazon to see if the fan specs are on the listing, as i want to match fan CFM (round about) but while im there, i realize my 212 is a wee bit different.

I bought a hyper 212 black edition, but it has a hyper 212 evo fan, and its not actually AM4+ compatable. And i know how i missed the am4 bit. its because of how much effort it took to get it on. The QC on the metal bracket is TRASH and the screws are slightly misaligned with the back plate. it was a massive fight to get all 4 screws to start and by the time i was done i had a headache.

So fckn pssd right now.

You can probably contact them and get them to send you an AM4 bracket.

If not, it's available on their website for $2

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

According to CM, the 212 you have is supposed to work on AM4 with the included brackets. If not, use the stock heat sink and save up for a decent noctua cooler, super easy to install on all platforms.

7 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

According to CM, the 212 you have is supposed to work on AM4 with the included brackets. If not, use the stock heat sink and save up for a decent noctua cooler, super easy to install on all platforms.

or a dark rock pro 4 or something its a great cooler

upgrade bracket is RR-AM4B-H121-S and is not available currently. and with 2 fans this unit keeps my 8150 at 50c while Folding@home runs full bore all day and night.

I just really really hate specifically buying a thing to do a thing, fully intending to future proof myself, and instead i find out i got b-stock

I'm bit at loss here. If you bought BE, why didn't you return it when you noted it was Evo? They are visually different while heatsink is same (fan i improved for BE, RGB and X). Furthermore, Evo's has had out of the box support for AM4 for past 1-2 years already. Continuing, if you knew you were gonna upgrade with Ryzen when you  bought cooler, why didn't you make sure that it included AM4 mounting kit?

All in all this sounds like your mistake, not CoolerMasters.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv