Very first build. Be gentle.

xmarvlouslie

After watching a ton of build videos, and realizing I didn't have to spend a fortune on parts to have a half decent little "console killer" rig, I finally decided to dip my toes into PC building. Yes, I realize my management skills are atrocious, but I'm trying to ignore it and just be proud of the fact that this is a rig *I* personally built, and everything works, and it plays games beautifully. Before tax & shipping, everything totaled around $557.93, so I think I did pretty okay. As for the external drives? This is doubling as a Plex media server as well, so that's why I have so many. Yes, yes, I know I'm running everything on a Magnavox Roku TV. Feel free to roast that, but I'm gonna get a proper monitor in September and update this post, I swear. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200g

Motherboard:  GIGABYTE B450M DSH3 (ver. 1)

RAM: 16 gigs T-Force Vulcan (at 3000) (2x8)

Video: GIGABYTE RX 570 (4gig). 

PSU: EVGA Supernova 550 80 Plus Gold Modular.

Drives: 256 gig Team Group NVME SSD (boot drive)

4TB USB 3.0 External (game drive)

2TB USB 2.0 External (media)

6TB USB 3.0 External (media)

8TB USB 3.0 External (media)

Case:  Thermaltake Versa H17. 

thumbnail_20200518_082835.jpg

20200517_215150.jpg

It's basic, but it gets the job done. I didn't want to break the bank, 'cause I only had about a $600 budget.

Looks great mate, would have waited for the r3 3100 or 3300x processor but other than that looks great, welcome to the wonderful world of PC building :) 

NOTE: I AM NEVER ALWAYS RIGHT, BUT I AM HAPPY TO HELP ANYWAY I CAN

Tag me @WambleCropped or quote me so I can see your reply

My Rig: RTX 2060, R7 1700X, Samsung 860 500GB, Masterlite Liquid Cooler, Asrock Pro B540,16GB of RAM G.Skill 2133

PSU Tier List                    SSD Tier List                              Graphics Tier List

1 minute ago, xmarvlouslie said:

It's basic, but it gets the job done. I didn't want to break the bank, 'cause I only had about a $600 budget.

Quote so @5x5 can see it ;) 

My Rig: RTX 2060, R7 1700X, Samsung 860 500GB, Masterlite Liquid Cooler, Asrock Pro B540,16GB of RAM G.Skill 2133

PSU Tier List                    SSD Tier List                              Graphics Tier List

1 minute ago, xmarvlouslie said:

I meaaaan, the Pro4 is not that much more and a whole tier better. Hence my comment

Just now, xmarvlouslie said:

hey, it's your build, it's done and no changing it now.

Curious why all the drives, I can't imagine that much "content" you need to save (or acquire).  Would have spent more on the PC and less on drives.

Otherwise, grats on your rig.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

Just now, WambleCropped said:

Looks great mate, would have waited for the r3 3100 or 3300x processor but other than that looks great, welcome to the wonderful world of PC building :) 

If I didn't pull the trigger now, I wouldn't have been able to get it built period. Power Supplies are strangely selling out all over the place, and they're all GONE over at Newegg, and folks are gouging the hell out of them everywhere else, so I was kinda stuck.

Just now, xmarvlouslie said:

If I didn't pull the trigger now, I wouldn't have been able to get it built period. Power Supplies are strangely selling out all over the place, and they're all GONE over at Newegg, and folks are gouging the hell out of them everywhere else, so I was kinda stuck.

Yeah, I saw that this morning was looking for an hour this morning for a PSU for a friend. Its crazy 400 for a Rog PSU that should be under 150

Great one, considering it's your first steps into this kind of stuff! As for the monitor, hey if you can see things without counting the pixels and straining your eyes, it'sh good enoug plus you can apply some color calibration...(for non-competitive gaming). If you decide to, you can always disassemble the external hdds and plug them internally (they are usually just normal sata drives in an enclosure with sata to usb adapter attached. Have fun with the rig and even better - I hope you had fun building it! :D 

1 minute ago, Dedayog said:

hey, it's your build, it's done and no changing it now.

Curious why all the drives, I can't imagine that much "content" you need to save (or acquire).  Would have spent more on the PC and less on drives.

Otherwise, grats on your rig.

Uh. I'm a bit of a media hoarder. It's not a proud thing to directly admit, but when you're living on disability month to month and have to decide on whether or not to continue a Netflix or Spotify subscription, or eat for a week, well.. you tend to find "other" means of acquiring stuff. The 4TB and 2TB drives I already had, and I just recently used my Trump Bux to acquire the 6 and the 8, as well as my entire PC. Likely the only time I'll thank the President for anything. Ha. 

1 minute ago, George. said:

Great one, considering it's your first steps into this kind of stuff! As for the monitor, hey if you can see things without counting the pixels and straining your eyes, it's good enough...(for non-competitive gaming). If you decide to, you can always disassemble the externall hdds and plug them internally (they are usually just normal sata drives in an enclosure with sata to usb adapter attached. Have fun with the rig and even better - I hope you had fun building it! :D 

I did, as frustrating as it was at times. I kept thinking I was going to break the motherboard trying to screw the heatsink in and didn't realize until later that the stock cooler was on springs and had to be gently forced into place. It scared the hell out of me, but I got it in, and it's working, so I'm happy with how it turned out.

14 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

I meaaaan, the Pro4 is not that much more and a whole tier better. Hence my comment

Honestly, if I had to do it all over again, I'd likely go that route, but what's done is done, and I'm actually pretty happy with it either way. 

11 minutes ago, WambleCropped said:

Yeah, I saw that this morning was looking for an hour this morning for a PSU for a friend. Its crazy 400 for a Rog PSU that should be under 150

Yep. It's nuts, dude, but I'm just now taking my first steps into a wider world after being so used to console gaming for most of my life and early 20s. How can I be almost 37 and just NOW getting into the PC side of things? 

8 minutes ago, xmarvlouslie said:

Uh. I'm a bit of a media hoarder. It's not a proud thing to directly admit, but when you're living on disability month to month and have to decide on whether or not to continue a Netflix or Spotify subscription, or eat for a week, well.. you tend to find "other" means of acquiring stuff. The 4TB and 2TB drives I already had, and I just recently used my Trump Bux to acquire the 6 and the 8, as well as my entire PC. Likely the only time I'll thank the President for anything. Ha. 

No, my issue was why KEEP so much media.  Let's say you download and watch all 8 seasons of Monk, delete that and then download Mentalist.  Etc.

I have almost 400 movies and a dozen TV shows, and that fills up half a 3TB drive. I can only imagine how much media you're stockpiling!

But you rock you, and it seems you're making the most of your situation.  Good stuff.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

1 minute ago, Dedayog said:

No, my issue was why KEEP so much media.  Let's say you download and watch all 8 seasons of Monk, delete that and then download Mentalist.  Etc.

I have almost 400 movies and a dozen TV shows, and that fills up half a 3TB drive. I can only imagine how much media you're stockpiling!

But you rock you, and it seems you're making the most of your situation.  Good stuff.

I tend to delete a lot of the stuff after I binge watch it and only tend to keep around stuff I know I'm going to go back and watch again and again. Stuff like classic Star Trek, Stargate, Babylon 5, a lot of Anime series and cartoons I grew up with, but yeah, some of the modern stuff usually doesn't tend to stick around a whole lot. I just keep and collect what I grew up with and what shows and movies were dear to me.