Judge 1.6k PC Build

inmy

Overkill CPU cooler, bad motherboard, should go for the non 'x' variant of the cpu, PSU overkill, with the money saved can up the ssd to 1tb.

9 minutes ago, gloop said:

Overkill CPU cooler, bad motherboard, should go for the non 'x' variant of the cpu, PSU overkill, with the money saved can up the ssd to 1tb.

isnt 1tb ssd overkill?

Just now, inmy said:

isnt 1b ssd overkill?

with my build above, you ge double the ssd storage. isn't that a good thing?

Just now, inmy said:

isnt 1b ssd overkill?

if you wanted to, you could drop the aftermarket cpu cooler and up the storage to the original 3tb hdd.

15 minutes ago, gloop said:

if you wanted to, you could drop the aftermarket cpu cooler and up the storage to the original 3tb hdd.

might do that, also i might sound dumb but would this error concern my pc?

"The MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector but the EVGA BQ 600 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply does not. This connector is used to supply additional 12V current to the motherboard. While the system will likely still run without it, higher current demands such as extreme overclocking or large video card current draws may require it."

4 minutes ago, inmy said:

"The MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector but the EVGA BQ 600 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply does not. This connector is used to supply additional 12V current to the motherboard. While the system will likely still run without it, higher current demands such as extreme overclocking or large video card current draws may require it."

as I said before, I wouldn’t recommend buying that motherboard and psu. 

as for the warning, it isn’t needed, it is for extreme over clocking. 

5 minutes ago, inmy said:

The connector is pointless and shouldn't be used anyway.

1 hour ago, inmy said:

Do not buy that board MSI X570 launch boards all have horrendous VRMs aside from the Halo tier X570 Godlike which is like $700 or something. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

14 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Do not buy that board MSI X570 launch boards all have horrendous VRMs aside from the Halo tier X570 Godlike which is like $700 or something. 

For some reason I can't find any real decent motherboards that are compatible with the build.

2 minutes ago, inmy said:

For some reason I can't find any real decent motherboards that are compatible with the build.

Any X570 board at around 180-250 should do just not MSI ones 

2 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

it's just the boards below the ace, ace and above are fine. same with the unify and tomahawk but those are after launch.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 hour ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

it's just the boards below the ace, ace and above are fine. same with the unify and tomahawk but those are after launch.

That's a £350 board though and it stil performs worse than the cheaper Aorus Elite and Ultra 

31 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

That's a £350 board though and it stil performs worse than the cheaper Aorus Elite and Ultra 

I'm only talking about the VRM, not the price. And you're comparing boards from 2 different price brackets. And it's better than both.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

"Tolerance is the lube that helps the dildo of dysfunction slip into the ass of a civilized society" - Plato 427-347 BC

"Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society" - Aristotle 384-322 BC

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment" - Lebiniz 1st of July 1646 - 14th of November 1716