recently everytime i open up a game and play for a few minutes the screen turns black or white and disconnects from my monitor. this also happens when i open up other things like google. i also noticed my pc was a little slower and had lower fps in games. im not sure wether its my ram or power supply. my specs are ryzen 7 2700, asrock rx 580, 16 gb ddr4 2400, and asrock b450m/ac.

By the sounds of things this could be driver related, check for any new gpu drivers.

6 minutes ago, Tr1ggerfish1 said:

By the sounds of things this could be driver related, check for any new gpu drivers.

ive scanned for gpu driver updates and it said i was up to date

Have you tried using a different hdmi/ displayport cable?

When the screen goes black does it say anything (no signal)?

12 minutes ago, Tr1ggerfish1 said:

Have you tried using a different hdmi/ displayport cable?

When the screen goes black does it say anything (no signal)?

Yeah the screen says no signal and ive tried different cables. 

11 minutes ago, v1tr01l1c said:

Yeah the screen says no signal and ive tried different cables. 

I assume at this point you have already reseatedyour GPU as well as the power cables.

To me this still is consistent with the gpu drivers. I would recommend using something like Display Driver Uninstaller to remove your current drivers and then you can reinstall them again. 

when the screen turns to black, is the pc restarted or not? if not, i think your psu is fine. try to run cinebench with both your internal and discrete gpu

A8 7650K@stock | Hi-Fi A70U3P FM2+ Biostar | 2*4GB DDR3 @2133MHz Team Dark | GTX 1050 OC 3GB Gigabyte | 500GB 7200rpm Seagate Baracuda | 450W 80+ Super Flower | 22" BenQ

2 hours ago, shootdog said:

when the screen turns to black, is the pc restarted or not? if not, i think your psu is fine. try to run cinebench with both your internal and discrete gpu

everytime i boot up my pc a few moments later the screen turns white and freezes so i have to shut down my pc

6 minutes ago, v1tr01l1c said:

everytime i boot up my pc a few moments later the screen turns white and freezes so i have to shut down my pc

1. go to save mode. if it went well and no white/black screen happened, it might be a driver issue or virus. try to ddu your discrete gpu driver on save mode, and scan with any updated antivirus available. after ddu and with no driver installed, try again to boot in windows just to make sure its a driver related issue.

2. if its still happened, maybe there's overheat issue with your gpu / monitor

A8 7650K@stock | Hi-Fi A70U3P FM2+ Biostar | 2*4GB DDR3 @2133MHz Team Dark | GTX 1050 OC 3GB Gigabyte | 500GB 7200rpm Seagate Baracuda | 450W 80+ Super Flower | 22" BenQ

You could also try running only one memmory stick at a time. 

Just to rule out memmory in case one of them is failing. Bad memmory can cause system freezes. 

11 hours ago, shootdog said:

1. go to save mode. if it went well and no white/black screen happened, it might be a driver issue or virus. try to ddu your discrete gpu driver on save mode, and scan with any updated antivirus available. after ddu and with no driver installed, try again to boot in windows just to make sure its a driver related issue.

2. if its still happened, maybe there's overheat issue with your gpu / monitor

when i boot into safe mode it doesnt connect to the internet?

12 minutes ago, v1tr01l1c said:

when i boot into safe mode it doesnt connect to the internet?

there are usually two different safe modes for windows. safe mode and safe mode with networking.

You can usually access either of them by pressing f on your keyboard while booting (could be different per motherboard manufacturer) 

But internet will be working outside of safe mode nevertheless, we are just going into safe mode to delete the graphics drivers then returning to normal windows to do the reinstall

8 hours ago, Tr1ggerfish1 said:

there are usually two different safe modes for windows. safe mode and safe mode with networking.

You can usually access either of them by pressing f on your keyboard while booting (could be different per motherboard manufacturer) 

But internet will be working outside of safe mode nevertheless, we are just going into safe mode to delete the graphics drivers then returning to normal windows to do the reinstall

I went into safe mode with networking and it still doesn’t connect to the internet for some reason

2 minutes ago, v1tr01l1c said:

I went into safe mode with networking and it still doesn’t connect to the internet for some reason

that's odd, just use it to stress test the gpu, and to rule out os issues. also, ddu the graphics drivers

doesn't matter if you have internet connection or not 

you can download ddu on normal windows before safe mode or download it on your phone (or wherever) than copy it to your pc on safe mode

than do ddu when safe mode. i dont think ddu needs internet connection

and also, is your gpu fan turned on? can you check the temp on bios?