Hulu 'Intentionally' Slows Down PC Streaming

toygun1234
17 hours ago, Ashley xD said:

you realize that online streaming is not the only way to watch movies right? if you wanna own your content and watch without intrusions at much higher quality than any streaming service you can buy the movie on physical media, aka blu-ray. 

Takes too long to get to my physical location.

If I outright purchase a movie digitally for streaming, I expect the same experience (not necessarily in video quality) as if I had purchased a physical copy. I expect to not have to sit through an advertisement as though I was just watching it on TV.

"Oh but they have to pay for the infrastructure to support all those people streaming"

Well then, they should just allow me to download a digital copy of the media I purchased in the first place.

"Oh but then you could copy it and give it to others"

I can do that anyways with physical media.

All of this is really ignoring the point, entertainment media is overvalued to hell. At least the more traditional forms (movies and shows) are. Along with the value of advertising. I'd really love to see that bubble burst. Although I realize it would hurt content creators I do care about like LTT, JayzTwoCents, Bitwit, etc. It's a bit of a "damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. I already use every kind of adblocker I can, even to the extent of using Youtube Vanced on my phone because mobile ads are somehow worse than on desktop, and in the case of baked in ads, I skip ahead a few seconds at a time until that ad has passed.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

20 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

That's an argument I've been making for years.

At best, your advert can fail to annoy me. At worst, it will annoy me to the extent that I will go out of my way to never buy anything from your company. I don't care if your product is cheaper, I won't buy it because you both inconvenienced and annoyed me.

At this point if I was, for example, a major video game manufacturer, I would fire my entire marketing division and pay one person to talk to gaming news outlets, and make tweets. That's all that's really required beyond word of mouth, at least for video games.

Me, if I see an ad that literally annoys me the point where I don't care and I just want rid of the ad. At this point the ad has pissed me off and I will proactively flip off the screen until the ad is gone. I can't remember any ads i've seen recently because I'm too busy being pissed off by the ad to actually care about the ad and what its attempting to show me. Honestly if an ad these days wants my attention they'd be better off getting a YouTuber to do an honest review of the product instead of spamming a crap ton of horrible ads at me that I could not give two flying fucks about. 

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

2 minutes ago, sof006 said:

Me, if I see an ad that literally annoys me the point where I don't care and I just want rid of the ad. At this point the ad has pissed me off and I will proactively flip off the screen until the ad is gone. I can't remember any ads i've seen recently because I'm too busy being pissed off by the ad to actually care about the ad and what its attempting to show me. Honestly if an ad these days wants my attention they'd be better off getting a YouTuber to do an honest review of the product instead of spamming a crap ton of horrible ads at me that I could not give two flying fucks about. 

I gotten to the point that I now use the report function on any ad I see on Reddit.

I don't care what it is, I just report it as either spam, or misinformation if it's politically motivated.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

On 5/17/2020 at 6:15 PM, toygun1234 said:

seriously... I've heard it several different ways, but essentially piracy, when it comes to things like this, is a service delivery issue. make it easy and convenient to watch content and people (like me) are willing to pay for it. take away the ease and convenience and pull crap like this, and people (like myself) become unsatisfied paying customers and take our business elsewhere, namely, to bit torrent. Also why I've been running my plex media server for years, ripping purchased blu rays (aside.. still waiting for makeMKV to release a stable build that can rip 4k UHD discs).

Pirating will almost always be a more enjoyable experience, if you can set it up properly. Set up an emby or plex server and as long as you have power and internet you'll be able to stream what you want, when you want, and without worrying about things being removed or your device doesn't have an app or whatever nonsense. If your server and internet is good enough, you can even stream to 5+ screens at once as well.

DRM really only hurts the people that pay because it introduces roadblocks only paying customers will run into, like my mother trying to connect her iPad to her TV to watch Netflix on it and it wont work because of some HDCP ridiculousness.

On 5/18/2020 at 2:00 AM, Darpyface said:

It's pretty common, Netflix also does this too

Yeah, i was pretty pissed when netflix only streamed 720p when i paid for FHD. I hit the cancel button immediately, its fing infuriating that even though i pay for it i still get treated as a filthy pirate who uses ""not secure"" OS and browser to rip it to my local storage so they cut the quality down >:( . Guess what you morons? Your stuff is already on the internet freely available in full quality to anyone!