Good used gpu for under £80 used?

I have a few thoughts in my head of the rx 570 and 580 4gb or 8gb version used from like eBay on auctions but is there any other options or can I get something a little worse but better value?

Is getting used gpu’s okay?

I've had no problems purchasing used graphics cards from eBay. From my experience, RX 470s and 570s have the best value for low budget cards, but a R9 280 may also suit your needs. 

"Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?"
-Discord

Hard to say as those card are smack dab in the middle of the selection of mining cards of years past.. On the other hand, i did get a 570 for a machine i built for my nephew about a year ago and it was resealed (in the case of the retailer i bought it from it means it was returned within 30 days of purchase). So at the very worst, it could have been mining for 24/7 of that time. If it did, it seems not to be affected at all. But i onlt paid 115$ for it at that time.

11 hours ago, Xsilent0 said:

I have a few thoughts in my head of the rx 570 and 580 4gb or 8gb version used from like eBay on auctions but is there any other options or can I get something a little worse but better value?

Is getting used gpu’s okay?

The best that you can get is the 570 / 580 

It's pretty hard to get a 580 for that price but a 570 is not

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

6 hours ago, LauRoman said:

Hard to say as those card are smack dab in the middle of the selection of mining cards of years past.. On the other hand, i did get a 570 for a machine i built for my nephew about a year ago and it was resealed (in the case of the retailer i bought it from it means it was returned within 30 days of purchase). So at the very worst, it could have been mining for 24/7 of that time. If it did, it seems not to be affected at all. But i onlt paid 115$ for it at that time.

The one I’m looking at the guy said he used it for mining for 10 days but then he realised it wasn’t profitable so he’s selling his 4 and buying a 2080 for vr

6 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

The best that you can get is the 570 / 580 

It's pretty hard to get a 580 for that price but a 570 is not

I’ll will most likely get rx 570

17 hours ago, xKyric said:

I've had no problems purchasing used graphics cards from eBay. From my experience, RX 470s and 570s have the best value for low budget cards, but a R9 280 may also suit your needs. 

Thanks

ill most likely get rx 570 used

1 minute ago, Xsilent0 said:

I’ll will most likely get rx 570

Probably yes 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

6 hours ago, LauRoman said:

The seller I’m buying from says he used them for mining for 10 days until he realised it wasn’t profitable other than that there brand new do you think 10 days worth of mining has done a lot of damage? 

38 minutes ago, Xsilent0 said:

The seller I’m buying from says he used them for mining for 10 days until he realised it wasn’t profitable other than that there brand new do you think 10 days worth of mining has done a lot of damage? 

Nah. The damage that mining does is really just to the fans, because they are simply a wear item. 10 days is nothing in the bigger scheme of things. Mining isn't that hard on a card (if temperatures aren't too bad) because the temperatures are constant. Constantly heating and then cooling your card is bad for it. 

An analogy would be engines. An engine can go very far if you're just running it at the same speed and at temperatures on the highway all day. But a car might break at 60 000km if you're doing stop/start city traffic only. 

That's an F in the profile pic

1 hour ago, Froody129 said:

Nah. The damage that mining does is really just to the fans, because they are simply a wear item. 10 days is nothing in the bigger scheme of things. Mining isn't that hard on a card (if temperatures aren't too bad) because the temperatures are constant. Constantly heating and then cooling your card is bad for it. 

An analogy would be engines. An engine can go very far if you're just running it at the same speed and at temperatures on the highway all day. But a car might break at 60 000km if you're doing stop/start city traffic only. 

True so probably gonna get that