Crackeling noise with realtech high definition audio

BeornBear

I have a crackeling noise with realtech high definition audio when I use a headphones. I used two different types of Sony headphone. I am using a Ciara Discovery Intel i7-3700. My Dell Soundbar speakers are working well. I uninstalled the device drivers in Device Manager and reinstalled them. The driver is up to date. However, I still have the same problem. Does anyone have any suggestions? Considering it is an older computer, would a sound card be a solution?!

Take a look at my old thread:

Does this sound like the issue you're running into?

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

I have a Geforce GT 1030 graphics card. However, I had this sound issues even before installing the graphics card. I do not have sound issues with the Dell Sound Bars. I only hear crackling sound when I use headphones. 

1 minute ago, BeornBear said:

I have a Geforce GT 1030 graphics card. However, I had this sound issues even before installing the graphics card. I do not have sound issues with the Dell Sound Bars. I only hear crackling sound when I use headphones. 

How is the soundbar connected to your computer? The issue I referenced ended up exclusively originating from the onboard sound card's 3.5mm output.

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

I am using 3.5 mm audio cable for the Dell sound bar. I am using both front and back 3.5 mm jacks. I am considering on acquiring an External USB Audio adapter or creative sound blaster sound card. 

15 minutes ago, BeornBear said:

I am using 3.5 mm audio cable for the Dell sound bar. I am using both front and back 3.5 mm jacks. I am considering on acquiring an External USB Audio adapter or creative sound blaster sound card. 

When I had a similar issue, it continued to occur even after purchasing a Creative Sound Blaster. If it's a power draw issue, adding another PCIe device may not help. You may have more luck with a external USB Audio adapter.

As to why the Dell Soundbar is not running into the same issue, the headphones may be drawing more power from the 3.5mm jack -- potentially causing your crackling issue.

Desktop

Homelab

The Dell Sound bar is powered via the Dell monitor. I will try to lower the volume level for the headphones. However, I will order an External USB Audio adapter. Once the B550 motherboards and AMD Ryzen 3 APUs are available in Canada, I will be purchasing a new computer. Until then, I will attempt to resolve this issue. Thank you for the advise. 

-> Moved to Troubleshooting

Could have been Audio too, please don't dump threads to General Discussion.

17 hours ago, BeornBear said:

Does the issue happen while using both rear and front jacks? I have had this inteference issue with and without external DAC (FiiO E10K). Though only when I'm using one cheap BT speaker. On bigger one and on my headphones no issues. I'm using only rear connection, I don't think I have front ones connected.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 weeks later...

In the end, I discovered that the front audio panel caused the crackeling noise. The Dell Sound Bar sounded good through the back jack. However, the side audio output from the sound bar also had cracking noise. I eventual purchased a 3.5 mm jack splitter. I should mention that I use a dual monitor setup. Both have sound bars. 

On 5/15/2020 at 10:05 PM, BeornBear said:

I have a crackeling noise with realtech high definition audio when I use a headphones. I used two different types of Sony headphone. I am using a Ciara Discovery Intel i7-3700. My Dell Soundbar speakers are working well. I uninstalled the device drivers in Device Manager and reinstalled them. The driver is up to date. However, I still have the same problem. Does anyone have any suggestions? Considering it is an older computer, would a sound card be a solution?!

Do the headphones have a loose connection. And do they work with other devices

I have two new headphones. They work well with my cel phone, Ipod, Samsung Tab 3 tablet and HP Elitebook laptop. The crackeling noise is consentrated on the front jack and side jackets on the sound bar.