Cases with psu

Mando772004

Which case brands should i trust in using the power supplies that come with their cases also considering that ill be using a high end pc with a 2080 super and  with liquid cooling?

1 minute ago, InfernalClaw said:

Which case brands should i trust in using the power supplies that come with their cases also considering that ill be using a high end pc with a 2080 super and  with liquid cooling?

None? The like office PC options won't draw more than 100W so their PSU doesn't matter too much.

What's your budget/country?

What games/software are you running?

What's your monitor resolution/refresh rate?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, InfernalClaw said:

If you're running a 2080 Super and liquid cooling, you should definitely not hunt for a case with an included PSU.

If you want  recommendations for a case and PSU, please list your full build, requirements for both items and budget for both.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, Streetguru said:

None? The like office PC options won't draw more than 100W so their PSU doesn't matter too much.

What's your budget/country?

What games/software are you running?

What's your monitor resolution/refresh rate?

well im upgrading my rig to a better one here are my current specs: GTX 1660 Ti ryzen 5 3600 16gb ram ddr4 3200 mhz 500w psu.

ill keep the cpu motherboard and ram and will buy a new case a new psu if needed cuz am not sure whether or not to use seperate psu's also a new gpu and a liquid cooler.

so the upgrade budget is around 1240 dollars and i am in egypt.

I play alot of games like rust fortnite assassins creed csgo valorant and i will play future games like watch dogs legion and dying light 2.

1920x1080 144hz

3 minutes ago, minibois said:

If you're running a 2080 Super and liquid cooling, you should definitely not hunt for a case with an included PSU.

If you want  recommendations for a case and PSU, please list your full build, requirements for both items and budget for both.

Well i came across this bitfenix whisper M 80+ gold 750w psu was wondering if its good can u tell me?

9 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

Well i came across this bitfenix whisper M 80+ gold 750w psu was wondering if its good can u tell me?

That's a good PSU.

The Be Quiet Straight Power 11 would be an alternative.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

13 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

You should really just save your money for the 30 series or Big Navi at the end of the year, your GPU is already pretty good for 1080p high settings gaming.

and you really don't need to watercool modern GPUs, better off using air cooling in most cases so you don't have to worry about it.

a new case/PSU for now is fine I guess though, just get something that has a mesh front for airflow, like an NR400/NR600, a coolermaster H500, or an 011 Dynamic if you're sticking to water cooling

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

1 minute ago, minibois said:

The Be Quiet Straight Power 11 would be an alternative.

BeQuiet is my favorite PSU Brand, got 3 of their Straight Power 11 Units. Efficent, Quiet.

🤟 compute the cure - emergency request folder 🚑

Stats: F@HBoinc

main system OC'd

| CPU: Intel i9 9900k | Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Formula | RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) 3466MHz Corsair Vengance RGB Pro | GPU: Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080Ti 11GB |

| PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power 1000W | Case: Fractal Define R6 | Cooler: Custom Loop | NvmE: Samsung 970 Pro 512GB + Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 1TB + Samsung 860 QVO 1TB |

| Monitor: Asus Swift PG279Q + BenQ BL2420BT |

Laptop: Asus TUF PX505G | CPU: Intel i7 8750h | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) 2666MHz HyperX Impact | GPU: Geforce GTX 1060 6GB OC'd | NvmE: WDC 256GB (OEM) | SSD: Samsung 860 QVO 1TB |

2nd system (Wife) OC'd

| CPU: Intel i3 8350k | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z390-I | RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) 2666MHz T-Force Delta RGB White | GPU: Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 980 4GB |

| PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power 550W | Case: NZXT H210 White | Cooler: Asus ROG Ryujin 240 | SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | Monitor: Acer XB270H + ACER Business B7 B277bmiprx |

3rd system (Surfdeck-TV)

| CPU: Ryzen 5 3400G | Motherboard: Asrock B450M-Pro4 | RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) 2933MHz HyperX Predator RGB | GPU: integr. Vega 11 | PSU: EVGA G2 750W |

| Case: MasterBox Q300L | Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Ltt Edition | NvmE: Corsair MP510 240GB |

You should really just save your money for the 30 series or Big Navi at the end of the year, your GPU is already pretty good for 1080p high settings gaming.

and you really don't need to watercool modern GPUs, better off using air cooling in most cases so you don't have to worry about it.

a new case/PSU for now is fine I guess though, just get something that has a mesh front for airflow, like an NR400/NR600, a coolermaster H500, or an 011 Dynamic if you're sticking to water cooling

this is the only time of the year that ill be able to upgrade so im upgrading for this year/next year's games otherwise id have to wait another year or even more cuz i have school so the end of this year isnt suitable for me

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

im watercooling my cpu not gpu because my temps while gaming reach 80's and it stutters

3 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

im watercooling my cpu not gpu because my temps while gaming reach 80's and it stutters

Ya but if your current case has no airflow as is, and you're using the stock cooler

just upgrading to a 4 heatpipe 120mm air cooler or bigger, and a better case, is going to take care of your cooling issues on it's own.

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

at this point if i have a 2080 super then what is the point of anything xD this is almost as bangin as it gets so i would definitely be ok with having a 2080 super even if better cards are going to release

Ya but if your current case has no airflow as is, and you're using the stock cooler

just upgrading to a 4 heatpipe 120mm air cooler or bigger, and a better case, is going to take care of your cooling issues on it's own.

yes but i also need a new gpu for upcoming games and i will also put it to professional use soon enough though. Again like i said this card is overkill for me imagine if i buy a 3000 series card it would be even more overkill so im just gonna go for the 2080 super while i can

5 hours ago, InfernalClaw said:

Which case brands should i trust in using the power supplies that come with their cases

None.

Yes, it's a very good PSU, one of the best actually.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

There is no case on this Earth that comes with a PSU that will power a 2080.

15 minutes ago, Juular said:

None.

Yes, it's a very good PSU, one of the best actually.

It's a good PSU.  But it's quite a stretch to call it "one of the best".

It's based off CWT GPU.  Even Corsair had to modify it a bit to make it good enough to be an RMx.

1 minute ago, jonnyGURU said:

It's a good PSU.  But it's quite a stretch to call it "one of the best"

Should have said one of the best in mid-high-end segment, there are obviously better ones but it's already good enough to not look at anything else if it's significantly cheaper.

Can you describe what modifications you did to CWT GPU aside of digital fan controller and cables with capacitors ?

10 minutes ago, Juular said:

Should have said one of the best in mid-high-end segment, there are obviously better ones but it's already good enough to not look at anything else if it's significantly cheaper.

Can you describe what modifications you did to CWT GPU aside of digital fan controller and cables with capacitors ?

Why?  So you can tell BitFenix how to make it better?  ;)

Take the two and put them side by side.  You should be able to see the differences yourself.  The issue being resolved had to do with efficiency.  Hint:  The GPU platform was designed to be completely wireless.  Yet the RMx is not completely wireless.

1 minute ago, jonnyGURU said:

Why?  So you can tell BitFenix how to make it better?

I mean, no need for trade secret level of details, just from consumer side of things, like you mentioned that you've fixed an issue with efficiency, RMx also has about 10mV lower ripple, probably mostly because of the cables and more sophisticated fan controller which would probably get you more quiter operation if your load level changes constantly, is there smth else ?

About efficiency issue, i don't see anything obvious, judging by Aris reviews RMx actually has somewhat lower low load efficiency and if you were trying to plant a clue about burst mode i don't see ripple issues on Bitfenix which may have suggested that there were an issue. I see that one thick wire but not sure which islands it connects and why.

37 minutes ago, Juular said:

I mean, no need for trade secret level of details, just from consumer side of things, like you mentioned that you've fixed an issue with efficiency, RMx also has about 10mV lower ripple, probably mostly because of the cables and more sophisticated fan controller which would probably get you more quiter operation if your load level changes constantly, is there smth else ?

About efficiency issue, i don't see anything obvious, judging by Aris reviews RMx actually has somewhat lower low load efficiency and if you were trying to plant a clue about burst mode i don't see ripple issues on Bitfenix which may have suggested that there were an issue. I see that one thick wire but not sure which islands it connects and why.

No burst mode.

The efficiency required fixing at higher loads.  But there is a sacrafice at lower loads.  I guess you didn't see the wire by the copper shield in any of the pictures.

And the "trade secret" thing was a joke.  I deal with Chinese factories.  There's no such thing as "trade secret".  :D

@jonnyGURU @Juular @Streetguru@FraktalU@minibois Thank you all. i decided that ill go for the whisper M 750w PSU and for liquid cooling i unfortunately couldnt find a h100x corsair one so i decided that i might get the cooler master ML240L rgb liquid cooler is it any good? Also im going for the thermaltake commander C36 TG ARGB mid tower case comes with 2 200mm front fans and 1 120mm rear fan which is pretty neat. feel free to suggest me anything like changing the liquid cooler or maybe the case anything :)

19 hours ago, InfernalClaw said:

Would still highly suggest just buying a large air cooler if your case has the room for it. a Neptwin, Scythe Fuma 2, or Dark Rock Pro 4/Noctua D15(AM4) on the higher end.

Or just find another other Aestek Liquid cooler, plenty of people use them as the OEM.

Spoiler