b450 i'm confused

Hello community, I introduce my self, 

My name is Juan Pablo, I'm from Medellín Colombia, and my current build is like this:
ryzen 2600
prime b350 plus
16 gb ram 3000 cl 15
rx 580 strix

I want to upgrade the MoBo, and have this two options: asus b450f strix or msi b450 gaming plus max.

I don't know wich one could be better and represent a real upgrade...can someone give me some light about it?

thanks.

1 minute ago, Juan P. Tobon said:

ryzen 2600
prime b350 plus

I want to upgrade the MoBo, and have this two options: asus b450f strix or msi b450 gaming plus max.
I don't know wich one could be better and represent a real upgrade...can someone give me some light about it?

Why do you want to upgrade your motherboard?

Unless it's just not working, there is little reason to upgrade your motherboard. Especially now, when you can wait a month and get a B550 board too.

But anyways, between the two, the Gaming Plus is better.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

want more fan connectors, better chipset, cpu fan rgb controller, better vrm's

1 minute ago, Juan P. Tobon said:

want more fan connectors, better chipset, cpu fan rgb controller, better vrm's

Wait for B550 boards.
Not only do you get support for PCI-e 4.0, but also for the new generation of Ryzen chips in case you ever want to upgrade.

5 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Wait for B550 boards.
Not only do you get support for PCI-e 4.0, but also for the new generation of Ryzen chips in case you ever want to upgrade.

But does b550 chipset would have ryzen 2xxx support? I've read somewhere that would not.

11 minutes ago, Juan P. Tobon said:

better chipset

the chipset is actually just the same. 

11 minutes ago, Juan P. Tobon said:

want more fan connectors

get splitters or fan hubs, you are gonna need them if you want any serious ammount of fans on these budget boards anyways. 

12 minutes ago, Juan P. Tobon said:

better vrm's

dont really need it, the Prime plus VRM is adequate as long as it gets some airflow. 

6 minutes ago, Juan P. Tobon said:

But does b550 chipset would have ryzen 2xxx support? I've read somewhere that would not.

I have a Ryzen 2700 running on an X570 board currently. I'm sure B550 supports 2nd gen Ryzen too.

8 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

I have a Ryzen 2700 running on an X570 board currently. I'm sure B550 supports 2nd gen Ryzen too.

This is not true.

B550 is Ryzen 3000+ ONLY.  Any earlier processors are NOT officially supported.  This does not mean that older CPUs will not work, but you would have to look at the manufacturers supported CPU list for each board to see if they have included the older bootstrap code for pre-3000 series support.  AMD does not require that manufactureers include this support.

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/310418-new-amd-b550-motherboards-are-incompatible-with-earlier-ryzen-cpus