Senate vote allows FBI access to your browsing history without a warrant

Clueless_Gamer

Senate signing something doesn't automatically make it law. And as far as I know this hasn't reached the president yet, so it can still catch a veto.

A girl who loves to love.

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

You picked all stuff that happened late though for whatever reason.  Fox is younger than cnn but not by a lot.  MSNBC is much younger than both.  

The question I’m interested in keeps on not getting answered though:  is this even a thing? “Voted on” means literally nothing.  “Voted on sometimes happens when it’s the fastest way to kill a stupid idea.  There’s “voted on and passed” but also “voted on and rejected”. If it’s “voted on AMD rejecttd” this whole thread is stupid and a misdirect.

They're referred to as legacy because they're slowly dying off, as the TV industry dies off.

And as far as I can tell, this measure is merely in one of the beginning stages. This was an attempt by two senators to get the rest to say "you need a warrant for X" and it did not pass, meaning that if said legislation moves forward, the FBI will not need a warrant to access your browsing history.

Which is egregious as hell. It's also probably already happening anyways. The FBI has never had a problem with committing crimes to get what they want.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

11 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

They're referred to as legacy because they're slowly dying off, as the TV industry dies off.

And as far as I can tell, this measure is merely in one of the beginning stages. This was an attempt by two senators to get the rest to say "you need a warrant for X" and it did not pass, meaning that if said legislation moves forward, the FBI will not need a warrant to access your browsing history.

Which is egregious as hell. It's also probably already happening anyways. The FBI has never had a problem with committing crimes to get what they want.

Hoover had serious evilness issues. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Hoover had serious evilness issues. 

FDR was the real problem. A lot of his policies have lead to the bad situation we are now in, in regards to our government.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

C'mon now, everyone knows the evil president was this guy...

tenor.gif

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

7 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

C'mon now, everyone knows the evil president was this guy...

tenor.gif

The guy I was talking about was never president.  He ran the FBI and apparently blackmailed almost everyone. J. Edgar Hoover and Herbert Hoover are different people.   GOP does seem to have had a really long string of awful presidents though going back to world war 1.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

The guy I was talking about was never president.  He ran the FBI and apparently blackmailed almost everyone. J. Edgar Hoover and Herbert Hoover are different people.   GOP does seem to have had a really long string of awful presidents though going back to world war 1.

Honestly, I've never heard of Herbert Hoover until today.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

16 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Honestly, I've never heard of Herbert Hoover until today.

He had  a lot in common with trump.  No political experience, similar populism stance, similar association with media, similar racism. Similar behavior regarding epidemics.  Was considered one of the most corrupt presidents in history till Nixon.  May have been worse than Nixon.  He was so hated they were still making fun of him in the 70’s.  He was mentioned ironically in the opening song for the sitcom “all in the family” as a joke.  The point was to underscore the extreme right wing stance of the Patriarch.  The stance of that character changed over time, as the show was long running, but when the show was first written one of the main points was making fun of how awful the main character was.