New Build for Gaming, Streaming, and editing Software

Budget (including currency): $5,000 - $6,000 AUD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Rainbow Six Siege, Call of Duty, Rust, Halo, League of Legends, OBS, Game Overlays (eg. Overwolf), Sony Vegas, Adobe Premier, Ableton Live 10

My goal here is to avoid major bottle-necking as much as I can, while also just affirming with the community here that the parts I have picked out are compatible with each other. I've been double, triple, and quadruple checking compatibilities of every part, and I'm fairly confident in all of the parts except for the mobo, CPU, and GPU (since this is my first time moving to an AMD processor and also my first time moving to an Nvidia GPU). I'm just really trying to get this build right the first time, to avoid any incompatibility issues or major bottle-necking dilemmas since, as I said, this is my first time moving to AMD processor and Nvidia GPU. Also, with this build, is it worth going 3600MHz Memory, or just buy some 3200MHz Memory instead?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Ventus GP OC 11GB
Mobo: ASUS Prime X570-P CSM

Edit: For anyone wondering what RAM and CPU Cooler I have already picked out

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3600MHz CL18 DDR4

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12A 120mm

Also going with an 850W PSU, lemme know if you'd recommend a different PSU more suitable to the parts I'm looking at

You're telling me your budget is 5-6 THOUSAND dollars and you're planning on using a stock cooler and 3200Mhz ram?

You photo also didn't update.

I'm not sure about pricing in Aus exactly, but this is about as good as it gets. And has plenty of room in regards to storage, case, etc.

EDIT: You can also get significantly better bang for your buck if you wait for Ryzen 4000 and Nvidia 3000 later this year.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

12 hours ago, Greebz said:

Budget (including currency): $5,000 - $6,000 AUD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Rainbow Six Siege, Call of Duty, Rust, Halo, League of Legends, OBS, Game Overlays (eg. Overwolf), Sony Vegas, Adobe Premier, Ableton Live 10

My goal here is to avoid major bottle-necking as much as I can, while also just affirming with the community here that the parts I have picked out are compatible with each other. I've been double, triple, and quadruple checking compatibilities of every part, and I'm fairly confident in all of the parts except for the mobo, CPU, and GPU (since this is my first time moving to an AMD processor and also my first time moving to an Nvidia GPU). I'm just really trying to get this build right the first time, to avoid any incompatibility issues or major bottle-necking dilemmas since, as I said, this is my first time moving to AMD processor and Nvidia GPU. Also, with this build, is it worth going 3600MHz Memory, or just buy some 3200MHz Memory instead?

image.png

2 minutes ago, Manos-_-P said:

If you want no bottlenecking at all i suggest you get a 3960x threadripper paired with a 

ASUS ROG STRIX TRX40-E GAMING and a titan rtx leaving you with 1600$ this system is gurenteed to run everything. Multitasking gaming streaming editing software every thing but if its to expensive just go for a ryzen 3950x paired with a ASUS AMD AM4 ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero and a rtx titan again leaving you with 2280$ or just get a rtx 2080 ti  also about the memory its not worth the extra money 

I just took a peak and a Titan RTX is $4500AUD, and a 3950x + X570 Crosshair is $1200AUD. The Titan RTX alone destroys his budget.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

11 hours ago, Statik said:

I just took a peak and a Titan RTX is $4500AUD, and a 3950x + X570 Crosshair is $1200AUD. The Titan RTX alone destroys his budget.

18 minutes ago, Statik said:

You're telling me your budget is 5-6 THOUSAND dollars and you're planning on using a stock cooler and 3200Mhz ram?

You photo also didn't update.

I'm not sure about pricing in Aus exactly, but this is about as good as it gets. And has plenty of room in regards to storage, case, etc.

EDIT: You can also get significantly better bang for your buck if you wait for Ryzen 4000 and Nvidia 3000 later this year.

Sorry about that first part, I didn’t specify that I do already have a CPU cooler picked out, a Noctua NH-U12A 120mm. As for the Memory, I’m not sure if 3600MHz will cause bottle-necking issues, so that’s why I’m asking about that (also for compatibility reasons).

I have pretty much already met my $5,000~ budget with all the other parts of the system I have picked out, but I’m looking to see if there’s any changes I should make with the GPU, CPU, or Mobo :) That last suggestion is a good idea though, it might just be worth the wait...

13 minutes ago, Manos-_-P said:

Whait what the titan rtx is only 2500$ 

Find me an Australian retailer selling it for $2500. There's a dollar difference between countries, and therefor computer components cost different amounts in different parts of the world.

6 minutes ago, Greebz said:

Sorry about that first part, I didn’t specify that I do already have a CPU cooler picked out, a Noctua NH-U12A 120mm. As for the Memory, I’m not sure if 3600MHz will cause bottle-necking issues, so that’s why I’m asking about that (also for compatibility reasons).

I have pretty much already met my $5,000~ budget with all the other parts of the system I have picked out, but I’m looking to see if there’s any changes I should make with the GPU, CPU, or Mobo :) That last suggestion is a good idea though, it might just be worth the wait...

Do you care to share your build? I just said Wraith because you specifically listed it in your OP. As well, 3200Mhz won't "bottleneck" your PC, it just wont be as good.

I personally wouldn't get that board. especially with your budget you could get a Tiachi, TUF, Unify, etc.

Gaming Build:

Peripherals:

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

3 minutes ago, Statik said:

Do you care to share your build?

Yeah man, for sure.

This is my current parts list:

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A Airflow Tempered Glass Black ($130)

PSU: Cooler Master V850 Full-Modular Gold 850W Power Supply ($250)

Motherboard: ASUS Prime X570-P CSM ($330)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X ($850)

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12A 120mm ($210)

GPU: Honestly I’m fine with any 2080 ti, so even the most expensive one, being the ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti OC 11GB ($2,600), is fine with me

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3600MHz CL18 DDR4 ($350)

Apart from all that, I just have some cable mods and extra fans to make it look tidy, cool, and RGB hahaha

2 minutes ago, Greebz said:

Yeah man, for sure.

This is my current parts list:

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A Airflow Tempered Glass Black ($130)

PSU: Cooler Master V850 Full-Modular Gold 850W Power Supply ($250)

Motherboard: ASUS Prime X570-P CSM ($330)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X ($850)

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12A 120mm ($210)

GPU: Honestly I’m fine with any 2080 ti, so even the most expensive one, being the ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti OC 11GB ($2,600), is fine with me

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3600MHz CL18 DDR4 ($350)

Apart from all that, I just have some cable mods and extra fans to make it look tidy, cool, and RGB hahaha

Looks solid to me. Asides from my previous board recommendation, I don’t know much about CM power supplies. I personally would recommend Corsair or Seasonic. If you go to the PSU section here there’s a thread with all the most common PSUs ranked.

Gaming Build:

Peripherals:

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

10 minutes ago, Statik said:

If you go to the PSU section here there’s a thread with all the most common PSUs ranked.

Cheers, I’ll go check it out

Better PSU, faster memory (CL 16). You didn't list storage, so I just went with a very good NVMe SSD. If you don't need it, it's going to be even cheaper.

I do not recommend buying a 2080 Ti with the upcoming Ampere cards around the corner, but it easily fits the budget. With the money saved and what you could get back from reselling your 2080 Ti, you should be able to easily afford a top-end RTX 3000 card.

@ShinRamen The asus tuf is massively overpriced currently in a lot of places, it is a well regarded board, but $429 is just ridiculous, that is a $200 motherboard at best.  I have stopped recommending it until there is more stop of the non-wifi version or they stop being silly with prices of the wifi version.

I also doubt he will be streaming on a wifi connection (unless he is quite mad) so getting wifi on the board makes no sense, also, just as a final nail in the coffin of wifi on the mobo, the board he listed as getting doesn't have wifi.

14 minutes ago, Dravinian said:

@ShinRamen The asus tuf is massively overpriced currently in a lot of places, it is a well regarded board, but $429 is just ridiculous, that is a $200 motherboard at best.  I have stopped recommending it until there is more stop of the non-wifi version or they stop being silly with prices of the wifi version.

I also doubt he will be streaming on a wifi connection (unless he is quite mad) so getting wifi on the board makes no sense, also, just as a final nail in the coffin of wifi on the mobo, the board he listed as getting doesn't have wifi.

OP is in Australia, so the price for that board is pretty reasonable actually. $ doesn't always equal USD. The non-wifi version is not available, otherwise I would've recommended that of course. The only cheaper motherboard in the same tier would be the Asus Prime X570-P and that currently costs even more at ~ 482 AUD. 

So as of right now it's the best 'cheap' X570 motherboard to ensure future upgradability available in Australia :) 

Edit: Actually, for some reason the X570-Pro currently also goes for 429 AUD, so that would be a nice free upgrade if he can live with the white color scheme.

2 hours ago, Manos-_-P said:

If you want no bottlenecking at all i suggest you get a 3960x threadripper paired with a 

ASUS ROG STRIX TRX40-E GAMING and a titan rtx leaving you with 1600$ this system is gurenteed to run everything. Multitasking gaming streaming editing software every thing but if its to expensive just go for a ryzen 3950x paired with a ASUS AMD AM4 ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero and a rtx titan again leaving you with 2280$ or just get a rtx 2080 ti  also about the memory its not worth the extra money also a 1000+w psu is fine for both systems also you are fine with 32gb of ram as for case storage and everything else is up to you and your needs

That would be a great way to waste money. Why does he need a 24 core cpu ? And a RTX Titan is just a stupid suggestion. A 2080 ti is just as good for gaming at half the price.

Find me an Australian retailer selling it for $2500. There's a dollar difference between countries, and therefor computer components cost different amounts in different parts of the world.

Do you care to share your build? I just said Wraith because you specifically listed it in your OP. As well, 3200Mhz won't "bottleneck" your PC, it just wont be as good.

I personally wouldn't get that board. especially with your budget you could get a Tiachi, TUF, Unify, etc.

newegg 

edit: as it seams i was looking at the us version of newegg so yeah im sorry for the confusion

9 hours ago, lee32uk said:

That would be a great way to waste money. Why does he need a 24 core cpu ? And a RTX Titan is just a stupid suggestion. A 2080 ti is just as good for gaming at half the price.