Good morning, 

Helping my brother build his first gaming PC. I prefer an Intel build. Looking to see you guys' opinion on this build and if there's any tweak you would do before I send it to him. The budget is $2K USD with the monitor. I left a bit of wiggle room for taxes.

Thanks in advance for your help. 

i would go ryzen too

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

12 minutes ago, quik21 said:

I prefer an Intel build

For what purpose?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Don't buy Intel at the moment. The 9600K is a horrible value furnace. Get a 3600 - much faster performance, better thermals and MUCH lower power consumption

I will go with the 3600. Thank you @Slottr for tweaking the build and thank you @5x5 for the explanation. This will be my first time testing out an AMD build. 

35 minutes ago, quik21 said:

Good morning, 

Helping my brother build his first gaming PC. I prefer an Intel build. Looking to see you guys' opinion on this build and if there's any tweak you would do before I send it to him. The budget is $2K USD with the monitor. I left a bit of wiggle room for taxes.

Thanks in advance for your help. 

why intel, is there any particular thing he will be using his build for. Ryzen is so much better bang for buck at the moment.

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

have a look at the thread below if your interested:

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃

2 minutes ago, edwardc0114 said:

why intel, is there any particular thing he will be using his build for. Ryzen is so much better bang for buck at the moment.

As of now, he wants a gaming PC for Fortnite and COD. I am currently using an i5-9600k for my Gaming PC and never had an issue with it. I am going to give Ryzen a try. Maybe i'll switch my CPU in the future. 

12 minutes ago, quik21 said:

As of now, he wants a gaming PC for Fortnite and COD. I am currently using an i5-9600k for my Gaming PC and never had an issue with it. I am going to give Ryzen a try. Maybe i'll switch my CPU in the future. 

Go Ryzen its a no-brainer to be honest at this price point.

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

have a look at the thread below if your interested:

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃

Going to order this now, but saw this under compatibility notes. Do i need a mounting adapter? 

issue.PNG

19 minutes ago, quik21 said:

Going to order this now, but saw this under compatibility notes. Do i need a mounting adapter? 

issue.PNG

Assuming the cooler isn't ancient stock, it should come with a bracket