Cheap Mouse and Keyboard Vs Expensive

KGGaming

So at the moment Im using the Victsing Gaming Keyboard, which cost me £28 and a Summivision Zark Gaming Mouse, which cost me £10. I've has the mouse now for 3 years and the keyboard for 1 year. Does the price really matter when buying keyboard and mouse as currently the feeling that mouse have is great and comfortable. But should I invest in more expensive equipment.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: Gigabyte gtx 1660 Super oc 6g
Mobo:MSI b450 tomahawk max

RAM: 32gb ddr4 lpx vengeance 3200mhz

Storage: WD sn550 1tb, Baracuda 2TB HDD (*In use), Hitachi 2tb HDD, WD 0.5tb HDD (both HDD knackered)

PSU: cxm 450

Case: Corsair Carbide Series

Invest in comfort above all else, IMO.  Find ones that fit your hands and you can comfortably use for hours at a time.  

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

2 minutes ago, KGGaming said:

So at the moment Im using the Victsing Gaming Keyboard, which cost me £28 and a Summivision Zark Gaming Mouse, which cost me £10. I've has the mouse now for 3 years and the keyboard for 1 year. Does the price really matter when buying keyboard and mouse as currently the feeling that mouse have is great and comfortable. But should I invest in more expensive equipment.

the only true reason for a new mouse is confort and rgb same goes for keyboards but some keyboard are mem-chanical which makes them a little faster and they have faster response time

4 minutes ago, KGGaming said:

i say stick wiht comfort as it is hard to find periphirals that feel right but you might want some extra feutures such as RGB and improved response time but it is all about what feels right in your hand to be honest.

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

have a look at the thread below if your interested:

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃

The only problem with the mouse is that 3 years ago it was perfect size for my hands. But now my hands are too big for the mouse

Storage: WD sn550 1tb, Baracuda 2TB HDD (*In use), Hitachi 2tb HDD, WD 0.5tb HDD (both HDD knackered)

In all computer (and generally in life) purchases never pay for "features" if they don't help you. If you don't know the difference or don't care, don't pay for what people consider "the best" mechanical switches, or 10 million press mouse switches. Get something you can use for a long time and be comfortable with. Pay for what you will use and want. If you could care less about how a keyboard types and just want it to flash all the colors, then by God go on ebay and fulfill your wishes. 

**EDIT** 

Also for a personal example I use a Logitech G602 mouse. While I do use most of the features I bought it purely for comfort. The platform on the left allows me to rest my hand easy especially during long play sessions or even just generic use.

Spoiler

i7-6700k OC'd 4.5Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1070 SC

2 minutes ago, TeachMeGamers said:

some keyboard are mem-chanical which makes them a little faster and they have faster response time

mem-chanical reffers to the switches are a membrane key which have, according to marketing material, "mechanical feel" 

what makes them faster? this would be new information. 

7 minutes ago, KGGaming said:

Does the price really matter when buying keyboard

depends on what switches you like, what flavor of switches. and how much you mind flex. 

in the end its not really about price, but about taste. tho "better" stuff usually end up costing extra. 

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

mem-chanical reffers to the switches are a membrane key which have, according to marketing material, "mechanical feel" 

what makes them faster? this would be new information. 

depends on what switches you like, what flavor of switches. and how much you mind flex. 

in the end its not really about price, but about taste. tho "better" stuff usually end up costing extra. 

i always thought mem-chanical keyboards had faster response times i guess i was wrong

Just now, TeachMeGamers said:

i always thought mem-chanical keyboards had faster response times i guess i was wrong

well idk if they do, but it reffers to the switch they use. not the polling rate or anything else. as such it would be suprising if they did. 

i do suggest avoiding mem-chanical tho due to the option of cheap mechanical offerings instead

6 minutes ago, KGGaming said:

The only problem with the mouse is that 3 years ago it was perfect size for my hands. But now my hands are too big for the mouse

maybe have a look around for a mouse of similar build/style but slightly bigger? ive been rocking a dell mouse which is worth like £3 while i get round to buying a new one but i still find it comfortable. If you dont mind about having better responde time and a few more onboard feautures i woudnt say the price of a mouse matters that much.

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

I always have liked having a pricerish mouse. I like a nice tracker on the mouse. I have always played competitive games like Overwatch, CSGO, fortnite (thats a mistake i cant undo) so for me a good vs bad sensor matters. But if your just playing chill games like TABS or triple A's you dont really dont need a fantastic sensor.

NOTE: I AM NEVER ALWAYS RIGHT, BUT I AM HAPPY TO HELP ANYWAY I CAN

Tag me @WambleCropped or quote me so I can see your reply

My Rig: RTX 2060, R7 1700X, Samsung 860 500GB, Masterlite Liquid Cooler, Asrock Pro B540,16GB of RAM G.Skill 2133

PSU Tier List                    SSD Tier List                              Graphics Tier List

Just now, WambleCropped said:

I always have liked having a pricerish mouse. I like a nice tracker on the mouse. I have always played competitive games like Overwatch, CSGO, fortnite (thats a mistake i cant undo) so for me a good vs bad sensor matters. But if your just playing chill games like TABS or triple A's you dont really dont need a fantastic sensor.

The mouse i have is great for csgo but if you do like very large movement on low sense you only move like halfway

1 minute ago, WambleCropped said:

yeah i guess it really depends on what games your palying. i mostly play csgo and i find it fine but then again ive never owned a mouse that cost above £50 so i haven't exaclty experienced a high price mouse.

I think great mouse and keyboard are like some of the nice thing in life. You can live without but paying up to certain point will give you the benefit either in comfort, feature or performance. I have been using G603 for nearly two years until it breaks and I have to send it back to be replaced under warranty. In the mean while, I have bought then the G304 to be used while I wait for my replacement to be shipped. G603 cost about twice that of G304 in today market, and from that price you get a larger mouse, much more ergonomic design, and very soft and inviting clicky side bottons, middle scroll click, and scroll wheel. G304 side bottons and wheel are very stiff by comparison and I can't wait to get back to my old G603 for all the creature comforts it offers. 

In contrast, I have bought G613 mechanical keyboard from the same manufacturer (Logitech) around the same time and love every bit of time I spent with it. However, I broke off some of it keys so today I decide to shell out some serious money for their top of the line G913 - and to my suprise, it just doesn't offer that much benefit over my old G613, and in fact, is quite worse off in many ways (much worse software, terrible switches feeling, fewer programmable keys.)

So yeah, spending more on your peripheral most likely will improve your experience. You will definitely notice the different going from a very low end gear to midrange or upper peripheral. However, after some point, the law of deminishing return will start to kick in. More often than not, the cost of jumping from midrange to top of the line gear isn't insignificant at all and the benefit they offered will start to deminish. Or in my case (Logitech been using their top customer as a labrat for their new fancy software) even much worse than what you can get at the lower end product. 

Just my two cents