Looking for a Oneplus Alternative

stevenkoalae

I have been using a Oneplus 5T for a few years now and looking for an upgrade around 2020. I am looking for a phone that offers:

1. Close to stock Andriod OS with minimum bloatware

2. Cheap and cheerful pricing (I don't really game on my phone, so no need for top tire spec)

3. Long term OS and security update support 

4. Good low light photo performance would be a plus

Since Oneplus' new pricing is getting close to top tier brand now and the Oneplus 8 line up doesn't seem to offer anything special to justify the price increase, I am seriously considering to switching to another brand. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

i would wait for google to announce the pixel 4a, should be announced within the coming weeks.

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

32 minutes ago, stevenkoalae said:

I have been using a Oneplus 5T for a few years now and looking for an upgrade around 2020. I am looking for a phone that offers:

2 minutes ago, xdeathshot20 said:

i would wait for google to announce the pixel 4a, should be announced within the coming weeks.

I also have an OP5T (in valentine's day Lava Red) and although I keep my phones for 3-4 years minimum, I too will be looking for a replacement in the coming months. The Google Pixel 4a also appears to be one of the only phones that meets my needs, hopefully without breaking the bank, but then again, I'm one of those headphone jack advocates so it makes finding a phone even more difficult for me. Hopefully you find something that suits your needs, too.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Thanks for the advice! Will keep an eye out for Pixel 4a.

21 hours ago, stevenkoalae said:

and the Oneplus 8 line up doesn't seem to offer anything special to justify the price increase

Actually, it does: No Compromises.

For the first time in Oneplus' History, this is the one and first Oneplus Smartphone without compromises.

You get everything there is, and the Camera is finally on Top with all the others.

It Features all the "Premium Features" (Qi Charging with Reverse, IP rating, QHD, 120 Hz, etc) that others have, but it still costs less.  Less than the S20 Ultra, less than Oppo Find X2, similar than the worse Xiaomi MI 10.

In my Opinion: The Oneplus 8 Pro is worth 900€ now more, than the Oneplus 8 is worth 700€.

Or the 7(T) Pro was worth 750-800€.
Because now you actually have no compromises. No screen that's too dimm, no "good, but still behind"-Camera, no missing IP rating that costs money etc.

And... the Macro mode beats almost any other phone. Almost only, because i can't think of any phone, that can do such incredible Macro shots.

But... The target audience is not people, who want a working phone. it's for the Enthusiasts, who want a Flaggship. This is not a Value phone. But as a top Tier Flaggship, it does have a good value. If that does make sense to you, despite sounding this ironic.

That beeing said.. I also think, the Pixel 4a might be a solid choice. Sadly, you need to pay more to get 128gb Storage.

But you get a very great Camera for the Price, at least 36 Months updates, and stock Android.

Alternative: Oneplus 7T (with GCam).

You get the "performance" including 90 Hz screen for that extra smoothness. But at around 500 bucks, it's very Solid.