Are PS4/XB1 worth it if you don't want to pay a subscription?

ManOfDisguise

So to use both consoles forthe online features and multiplayer in games you need to pay a subscription. But is it worth it to get one of these consoles to just play SP games and thus avoiding paying anything?

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I would of considered the consoles if i didnt have to pay for the online, it just feels like im renting the damn thing, hell if they increased the price by 30% and then said multiplayer is now free then that would be a better deal, as long as multi player is free on steam im happy.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Why not just play games on PC?

I would say it's not worth it though

I personally say no, I love killzone, but the fact I would have to pay for the awesome multiplayer disappoints me, but regardless all I care about on the PS4 is Infamous: Second Son and Uncharted 4, so multiplayer games are the least of my concerns

Yes! Then I'd get a 360 with Halo 4 :D

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

I have a xb360 I wouldent buy another one like someone said, its like renting it. it isn't a lot of point without multiplayer, just build a pc for the same price get better performance and more customisation too :D

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

PS4, yes. It can still be used to access things like YouTube, play Free to Play online games and other video and music content services.

Xbox One, no. To access any online features besides the marketplace, friends list and messaging you'll need a subscription to Xbox Live. Until then you'll have no Netflix, YouTube, Free to Play game online functionality etc.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Xbox one isn't worth buying in any situation...

PS4 is my console of choice for the exclusives (I own one), right now I can honestly say it's not worth buying (if you don't pay for playstation plus) because there really isn't any good games out for it yet. I'd wait for MGS5 to come out. Also, when ESO comes out, PS plus is NOT required to play. You just have to pay the $15 subscription fee. On Xbone, you have to be a Xbox live gold member and pay the subscription fee. But, I'm assuming you would get that game on PC IF you were to buy it at all....

But, I don't understand why you wouldn't pay for PS plus, it's not just a "pay to play online", you get a lot of free games along with it. So far, I got Don't starve, Outlast, and Resogun. All great games I got for free because I was a PS plus member. There is a few more I decided not to download, and there will always be more to come. That alone is worth $50 a year, becuase it pays off, I've been getting TONS of free games since I became a PS plus member back in 2012 on PS3.  

If your not going to pay for subscriptions, then don't even bother getting a console. Really the only game I can think of that is console exclusive and is Single player only (or a game that does not need multiplayer) is MGS5. Just stick with your PC for another year or so, until there are more single player console exclusives games. 

So to use both consoles forthe online features and multiplayer in games you need to pay a subscription. But is it worth it to get one of these consoles to just play SP games and thus avoiding paying anything?

I say; yes. But then I don't think online MP is all it's cracked up to be.

I still like PSN because "free" games.

I'm one of the few people I know that tend to repair electronics with a smith's hammer on a regular basis.