Is Logitech G900/903 has double click issue? and/or is there better alternative to these mouse?

e22big

I have been using G603 for a while but just recently it has developed a double click issue so I sent it for replacement, luckily it is still within the warranty period. I get G305 to use as a spare mouse in the mean time but sinc I love how my G603 perform so much, I am looking for an upgrade. G903/900 fit my bill almost perfectly (plenty of programmble bottom and smooth scroll) and they are sold for cheap from where I live so I am really have an eyes for them. 

However, I heard from a lot of people that G903/900 developed the same double click issue really fast. I have no problem with my G603 issue because it took me nearly two years before this issue developed - and I have used them extremely heavy, entire day of work and also more at home (12 - 18 hours on average every day.) If the G903/900 is having an issue with people who only used it  for 4 - 6 gaming session a day, I think it will for sure developed an issue with my use case so want to hear from you if this is the case (some say it only happen to first gen G903 and not exist on G900 altogether, not sure how to tell though)

And like what the title suggested, if this is the case, is there other alternative? I actually don't use my mouse for game that much but it's my very important productivity tool. I want a mouse that offered a lot of side bottons that are big and clicky (at least four), clicky middle botton, and wireless, don't need programable software (already use Logitech G915 keyboard so don't want to install two peripheral software permanenetly) and have good battery life. I did considered their MX Master for a bit but heard it bad for game (I want to play game on a side from time to time, although I am not a fan of FPS in general) and doesn't seem to offer extra bottons.

The way I use my mouse, I would program middle click for enter and 2 side bottons to copy and delete and DPI for space to aid in my text editing job. I want something that offer more bottons that I can program for cut and other function when needed. 

I've been using the G900 for 3 and a half years no issues. I thought the double click was more common with the 50 Million Click switches in the G903 as opposed to the 20million click ones in the G900. I would recommend this mouse. I have a few mice and the left and right mouse clicks feel so crispy, best on any mouse IMO.

Even if your mouse does experience double click issues you should be able to get a new one on warranty. It's always hard to tell what % of mice get these issues. Sometimes due to the nature of the Internet problems seem more commonplace than they really are 

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

4 hours ago, Rupe said:

I've been using the G900 for 3 and a half years no issues. I thought the double click was more common with the 50 Million Click switches in the G903 as opposed to the 20million click ones in the G900. I would recommend this mouse. I have a few mice and the left and right mouse clicks feel so crispy, best on any mouse IMO.

Even if your mouse does experience double click issues you should be able to get a new one on warranty. It's always hard to tell what % of mice get these issues. Sometimes due to the nature of the Internet problems seem more commonplace than they really are 

Thanks, guess I will have to look around. I want to avoid mouse that is more than two years if possible (especially wireless with internal battery, because those will definitely aged). G903 also cost significantly less but I guess that's worth it to for G900 is it means not having to be worried about this issue.

45 minutes ago, e22big said:

Thanks, guess I will have to look around. I want to avoid mouse that is more than two years if possible (especially wireless with internal battery, because those will definitely aged). G903 also cost significantly less but I guess that's worth it to for G900 is it means not having to be worried about this issue.

Personally if I were you I would risk just getting the G903, there's also a chance with newer batches that Logitech have fixed the double click issues

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

2 hours ago, Rupe said:

Personally if I were you I would risk just getting the G903, there's also a chance with newer batches that Logitech have fixed the double click issues

hmn yeah, I guess although still having people reporting the issue just a year ago doesn't raise my confidence

it's frustrating, none of their mouse seem to be an upgrade to my old G603 - G903 is the only one that seem to fit the bill to my satisfaction but this double click issue just keep me worry, it's for sure an expensive mouse and having to replace it every a couple of mounths is not my idea kind of fun (and I use this mouse for work, so reliability actually cost me money as well)

anyway I guess I will just to keep researching for now, there doesn't seem to be any report that Logitech had fixed - or even archknoledge the issue but at least none of the Amazon review seem to be pick up on it, at least on the Hero model

I have bother the G900 and G903. I maybe supremely lazy and when the battery run low, i hate playing with a cord so I just completely switch mice lol.

G900 I had for over 2 1/2 years and the G903 for over 1 year. So far I have not had any issues with either. I put in a sold 1300 hrs last year according to steam .....fuck man i put too much into gaming

6 hours ago, PrinnyExplodes said:

I have bother the G900 and G903. I maybe supremely lazy and when the battery run low, i hate playing with a cord so I just completely switch mice lol.

G900 I had for over 2 1/2 years and the G903 for over 1 year. So far I have not had any issues with either. I put in a sold 1300 hrs last year according to steam .....fuck man i put too much into gaming

lol yeah you did

Although turn off RGB will probably help, the model I am looking for is a Hero model apparently so battery should improve a bit. I am so close to getting G604 though but the lack of traditional DPI placement pretty much kill it. I actually like the mouse with AA battery, put Eneloop in and you pretty much solve the recharging issue (plus you will be on wireless all the time without the need for wired charging, just swap a new one while your current AA need recharge) 

G903 still look like a very tempting option

On 5/11/2020 at 10:30 PM, Rupe said:

Just to let you know, I decided to just go with it, at the end of the day it's that 140 hr battery in the Hero model that convinced - suprise that not many people seem to mention it, that awsome!

That and they were sold at a deep, deep discount (all hail China) will report later if I encounter any issue