Upgrades or Optimization Help

Pougels

Mods please let me know if this is a good place for this post. Sorry if it is not.

Budget (including currency): Very Low

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Escape From Tarkov

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Intel i7 4790k 4ghz

Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 4GB

16gb gddr3 ram

Spectre 25" E258B-1658A 1080 165hz monitor (May 18th arrival) hopefully fix monitor bottleneck.

I am looking to make this system run as well as possible to play EFT very casually. I would like LTT's great suggestions on my best options going forward as I dont have any money for upgrades. How do I check for bottlenecks? What's the best way to optimize this system or overclock gpu or cpu to get the most out of it? I know I will here this is not a great system but I really enjoy the game and I am looking to optimize it for my first wipe on EFT in a couple weeks. Thank you in advance and I can run any benchmarks here shortly that will help get anyone more info. Anything else I need to let anyone know please let me know. 

EDIT*

UserBenchmarks: Game 56%, Desk 63%, Work 55%
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K - 84.7%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 980 - 57%
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB - 90.1%
RAM: Samsung M378B1G73QH0-CK0 2x8GB - 56.7%
MBD: HP 810-430qe

Edited by Pougels

There is no "best way" to optimize this. It is what it is. You can try to OC your stuff as much as you can, but that's not going to net you a huge jump in FPS. Though you should run Tarkov fairly decent.. What FPS do you get? I remember playing Tarkov on a FX-8320 and GTX 770.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

I figured I have played around with GPU overclocking and I get around 75fps. I can play well enough and i know that the new monitor will help as i have an old acer 1680x1050 5ms 60hz monitor i play on now. I didnt know if there were maybe some guides to killing programs or ways to optimize background programs or anything. Which you know I should search for myself. I will do that first as that's a lazy way to go if I just ask for em. I also have a gpu monitor running in game and have noticed at load screens where my fps drops from 0-10fps that my gpu clock fluctuates. Is that a bad sign or something in nvidia control panel I need to change?