Alternatives for Gigabyte Rtx 2060 Dual fan.

Hey guys !

So as the topic says, I have the Nvidia GeForce RTX2060 from Gigabtye, when gaming, at 100% GPU usage, the fans start to make a noise, and although the highest temps I have seen are only 76 C, I am concerned about the noise the fans make and to future proof the GPU from failure, I have been looking for a replacement for the OEM cooler...

This same question was asked a long time back here in this forum but no answers....

System:

R2700x

Asus X470 Pro

64 GB RAM

RTX 2060

H500 case

Fans:

2 x 200mm front intake

1 x 120mm exhaust back

1 x 200mm exhaust top

37 minutes ago, The_Geek said:

Hey guys !

So as the topic says, I have the Nvidia GeForce RTX2060 from Gigabtye, when gaming, at 100% GPU usage, the fans start to make a noise, and although the highest temps I have seen are only 76 C, I am concerned about the noise the fans make and to future proof the GPU from failure, I have been looking for a replacement for the OEM cooler...

This same question was asked a long time back here in this forum but no answers....

System:

R2700x

Asus X470 Pro

64 GB RAM

RTX 2060

H500 case

Fans:

2 x 200mm front intake

1 x 120mm exhaust back

1 x 200mm exhaust top

That is normal behavior from the GPU

You can try setting the fan curve with msi after burner 

But by default the card works that way and nothing is wrong with it 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

• 3 months later...

Im having the same problem with my card and it started after about 3 days out of the box, This isn't the typical fans running hard noise its more like a buzz or rattle. It sounds as if the fan blade is making slight contact with the shroud. I have done some searching online and this a widely reported issue with this card and several others of similar design from Gigabyte. I reached out to their support team for assistance and they give the typical install our software update drivers make sure nothing is messing with the fan curve bla bla bla. I have advised this does nothing to resolve the issue and my questions go unanswered. Not once have they offered to RMA the card or any other solution for that matter and frankly given what I've seen others who have gotten their cards replaced had the same issue and Gigabyte sent them a refurbished card rather than a new unit. Im not keen to send my 1 month old card that I spent nearly $600 CAD on back to Gigabyte to have it gone for a month and then replaced with a used card just to get the same issue all over again once it comes back... I really hope someone here might have an alternative solution to the problem.

Well,

I only have the noise issue when the GPU is maxed out during gaming...

What you can do is pull out the Mobo and put it on the box it came in, install everything and run it so you can see the fans an what they might be touching, it is entirely possible that it is not the GPU if you do this test with the build in the open, but Gigabyte is a very Unfriendly company as a whole...