First build, need assistance

Budget (900-1200): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Music Production/Daws

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):  So far I have parts in my cart to build a pc for music production. This is my first build and dont know to much about it. The parts I have in my cart are as follows:

Samsung 860 PRO SSD 1TB - 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal Solid State.1 TB Style: single

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Desktop

Intel Core i5-9600K Desktop Processor 6 Cores up to 4.6 GHz 

I do not know what motherboard, powersupply, or case ill need. I am not sure how compatible parts are to one another. What else do I need? It needs to be fast while muiltitasking large daws and plug ins

Wait have you already bought the parts or did you just stuff them in the "cart"? If you haven't, I would skip i5-9600K because I would go with Ryzen for production.

I would wait for the MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk to get released soon (retail price 200$), a Ryzen 3700X (comes with a stock cooler), Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory or G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB, Cooler Master H500 (comes with two 200mm fans in front and one stock fan on the rear), 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo NVME (don't go for SATA) and PSU (EVGA, Corsair, Seasonic), well, IDK what graphics card you want.

"Tolerance is the lube that helps the dildo of dysfunction slip into the ass of a civilized society" - Plato 427-347 BC

"Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society" - Aristotle 384-322 BC

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment" - Lebiniz 1st of July 1646 - 14th of November 1716

PSU depends mostly on graphics card, they are compatible with most motherboards apart from some OEM models from Dell and HP etc but that is no issue if you don't buy a Dell or a HP. 

Case will just have to be big enough to fit your parts basically. Air flow makes a difference so one with a nice mesh in the front like the Fractal Design Meshify series or the Phanteks P400A. 

21 hours ago, F.E.A.R. said:

Wait have you already bought the parts or did you just stuff them in the "cart"? If you haven't, I would skip i5-9600K because I would go with Ryzen for production.

I would wait for the MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk to get released soon (retail price 200$), a Ryzen 3700X (comes with a stock cooler), Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory or G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB, Cooler Master H500 (comes with two 200mm fans in front and one stock fan on the rear), 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo NVME (don't go for SATA) and PSU (EVGA, Corsair, Seasonic), well, IDK what graphics card you want.

I did not purchase anything yet. Figured I should try to get some assistance before I go spending money on stuff that may prove to be a waste of money. I thank you for your feedback. Graphics are not important. I do not plan on using it for games.

Edited by R3freshed

16 hours ago, R3freshed said:

Budget (900-1200): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Music Production/Daws

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):  So far I have parts in my cart to build a pc for music production. This is my first build and dont know to much about it. The parts I have in my cart are as follows:

Samsung 860 PRO SSD 1TB - 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal Solid State.1 TB Style: single

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Desktop

Intel Core i5-9600K Desktop Processor 6 Cores up to 4.6 GHz 

I do not know what motherboard, powersupply, or case ill need. I am not sure how compatible parts are to one another. What else do I need? It needs to be fast while muiltitasking large daws and plug ins

I recomend a Ryzen 5 1600AF or 3600 instead of the i5, its just objectively better and more cost effective

Daily Driver (Lenovo Y700 Laptop)

Manjaro Linux  ||||  Intel Core i7-6700HQ  ||||  16GB DDR4-2666    ||||   GeForce GTX 960m  

250GB Samsung 970 Evo | 500GB Samung 840 Evo 

Windows Gaming PC

Windows 10 Pro  |||   Intel Core i7-10700k  |||   32GB DDR4-3600  |||   GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER  |||   MSI z490 A-Pro  |||   EVGA Supernova G2 650w 80+ Gold

120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM

Bedroom HTPC and Emulation Box

Manjaro Linux  ||||   Intel Xeon E3-1231v3  ||||   8GB DDR3-1333  |||  Radeon RX 460   |||  Asus B85M-G

120GB SSD

Living Room HTPC - Optiplex 790 SFF

Manjaro Linux  |||  Intel Core i5-2400  |||  8GB DDR3-1333  |||  Radeon HD 5450

120GB SSD