iFixit recommendations (2020)

Hello All,

I'm looking to buy a new tool set and iFixit looks like a good option to me. Can you please share your thoughts, experience and recommendations regarding this tools?

I'd like to highlight that I'll use the tools for maintenance and/or upgrades related with laptops/PCs/consoles. I don't plan to bother with phones/tablets.

P.S. I was able to find some topics related with my question but they were quite old and that's why I'm posting another one :)

this was their best toolkit ever. sadly you cannot get it anymore.

the pro-tech toolkit is also very good, but not as good as this one.

stay away from no-brand toolkits. i got some aliexpress specials, and the bit size is always off.

33 minutes ago, dodoff said:

Hello All,

I'm looking to buy a new tool set and iFixit looks like a good option to me. Can you please share your thoughts, experience and recommendations regarding this tools?

I'd like to highlight that I'll use the tools for maintenance and/or upgrades related with laptops/PCs/consoles. I don't plan to bother with phones/tablets.

P.S. I was able to find some topics related with my question but they were quite old and that's why I'm posting another one :)

Been rocking the pro toolkit for the last year and it's had everything I've never. Feels good and quality. Used it yesterday to swap a switch shell and fix my joycon drift.

I own their Pro Tech Toolkit, and I am very satisfied with it. Overall build quality is really good, and the selection of tools is very useful.

If I were to nitpick: My SIM ejection tool bit was not completely straight. Still completely functional, but it interferes with my OCD

Would definitely recommend.

I have had the pro tech tool kit for about 3 years now, i use it all the time, its great

i did think to get the 112 bit kit, but haven't come across a screw that i was missing a bit for yet, so i would greatly recommend

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

IMO the bits aren't that great. The metal isn't very hard and I've had several bits crumble, bend, or break. If you're looking for the best drivers look elsewhere (e.g. Wiha) but expect to pay quite a bit more.

iFixit does provide a lifetime warranty and they've sent me new bits every time one of them breaks.

Thanks for the feedback, guys! Today I received my Pro Tech Toolkit and I think it's pretty neat - right away I used it to change the thermal paste on my laptop :)

Haha, nice. I am late to the party but I fucking love my 64-bit driver kit. Never had any issues with it besides the smallest pentalobe bit getting a bit twisted and not working anymore (which is my fault, not iFixit's fault).

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈