Beginner affordable but nice build

Budget (including currency): roughly $700-900 CAD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: League of Legends, Rocket League and as much storage as possible due to school work and work in general.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I have no idea where to start so it would really help me if someone could help me start to finish, i know its a lot to ask for but i would really appreciate it. 

Thanks gang.

Assuming you already have monitor/mouse/keyboard:

I highly suggest you add a Ryzen 3 3100 or 3300X to this build when they become available, they're launching at around $100 USD and they're excellent for budget gaming PCs.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Assuming you already have monitor/mouse/keyboard:

I highly suggest you add a Ryzen 3 3100 or 3300X to this build when they become available, they're launching at around $100 USD and they're excellent for budget gaming PCs.

Wow thanks bro, any peripherals you recommend? 

31 minutes ago, Jbeginner said:

Wow thanks bro, any peripherals you recommend? 

I've always settled for really cheap stuff so you should look for stuff that suits your tastes. As for monitors, I started pretty modest with some used 1080p monitors and saved up for a nice 144Hz monitor with an IPS panel.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Might I be devil's advocate and suggest the GTX 1650 Super? Yes, it only has 4GB of memory but I personally find it unlikely that one would need more from a card of this caliber. It's roughly on par with the RX 580 and sips power in comparison, for a very similar price of about ~230 CAD.

As for the motherboard the one above listed by @Fasauceome is a great choice but all you really need is the cheapest B450 motherboard you can find with VRM heatsinks, which at the moment seems the be the Asrock B450M Pro4, a motherboard I personally can attest to.

The ram above is also a great choice, but in case its price increases, look for the cheapest 3000+ mhz kit that doesn't have terrible latency, such as a 3000 or 3200 CL16, etc. You can elect to get an 8GB kit (2x4GB) at the present and save some money to put towards a secondary hard drive or a larger SSD!

Daily Driver: Asus ROG Flow X13 - 5900HS/3050 Ti

Primary Desktop: NCase M1 - 5800X3D/RX 6950XT

Travel PC: Fractal Terra - 5800X/RTX 3060 Ti

I have too many computers. List here.

9 hours ago, ShadowChaser said:

Might I be devil's advocate and suggest the GTX 1650 Super? Yes, it only has 4GB of memory but I personally find it unlikely that one would need more from a card of this caliber. It's roughly on par with the RX 580 and sips power in comparison, for a very similar price of about ~230 CAD.

rx 580 is little better performer than 1650 super. Yes it uses more power but it has douple the VRAM of 1650 super.

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

15 hours ago, SavageNeo said:

rx 580 is little better performer than 1650 super. Yes it uses more power but it has douple the VRAM of 1650 super.

I suggested it because of the games that will be played - doubt 4GB will be a limiting factor at 1080p. Though honestly whichever one is cheaper should be the one to be chosen.

Daily Driver: Asus ROG Flow X13 - 5900HS/3050 Ti

Primary Desktop: NCase M1 - 5800X3D/RX 6950XT

Travel PC: Fractal Terra - 5800X/RTX 3060 Ti

I have too many computers. List here.

3100 would be for going for about 140$ bringing the total to near 900$.