Run windows file from linux computer over the internet

babadoctor
Go to solution Solved by Neftex,

i assume youre trying to save local disk space because the file is too large? even if you manage to make it work, the file has to load into memory of the local pc every time you try to run it, loading the program over network every time will take very long and most likely wont be worth it

So I have a linux computer running ubuntu 16.04 and it has a file that i need to run

I want to run it from a windows machine on the internet

is this possible?

I was looking at SSHFS but that only works for linux to linux machines

does anyone know what I could do?

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Not sure I understand. What's stopping you from simply copying that file to the other machine and executing it there?

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

8 minutes ago, babadoctor said:

So I have a linux computer running ubuntu 16.04 and it has a file that i need to run

I want to run it from a windows machine on the internet

is this possible?

I was looking at SSHFS but that only works for windows to linux machines

does anyone know what I could do?

Citrix?

RDP to the system and run it from there?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

clarify, do you want the file to execute on the remote machine or do you want the file to execute on the local machine

i dont think you can do the second variant without getting local copy of the file

MSI GX660 + i7 920XM @ 2.8GHz + GTX 970M + Samsung SSD 830 256GB

27 minutes ago, Neftex said:

clarify, do you want the file to execute on the remote machine or do you want the file to execute on the local machine

i dont think you can do the second variant without getting local copy of the file

I want the file to execute on the local machine without copying it over

Sort of like mounting the remote filesystem on my windows machine and running it

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

i assume youre trying to save local disk space because the file is too large? even if you manage to make it work, the file has to load into memory of the local pc every time you try to run it, loading the program over network every time will take very long and most likely wont be worth it

MSI GX660 + i7 920XM @ 2.8GHz + GTX 970M + Samsung SSD 830 256GB

Just now, Neftex said:

okay