PC won't boot with m.2 installed

Recently got a small m.2 to start a fresh windows install. However when it is plugged in it will either not boot at all or I'm not getting display from either graphics card or mobo. 

Here what I got.

Asrock B450 Pro4m

Ryzen 5 2600

EVGA 1050ti

A random 1tb hard drive from old laptop (has current windows install.)

A PNY 250gb sad

New KingDion 128gb M.2 NVME

What I've done;

Tried running just the NVME and boot USB

=no display. All mobo fans/RGB come on and keyboard lights on.

Tried same with no GPU display from mobo

Tried booting with NVME and PNY

Tried booting with just PNY and boot USB

Gets to windows setup fine.

Tried with all storage option connected in all possible sata connections

Tried all above with M.2 in second location. 

I looked for a similar post but everyone keeps saying to check the nvme in bios. But I can't tell if I'm getting to bios or not due to no display. I believe its just not posting. But am unsure.

Any help would be grand!!

Do u have a second computer to check the components? Did some of them work/not work before? Is this the first time u have this issue or did u have similar problems with some of the hardware in ur PC

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

Where did u install it? by any chance in the m2 connector at the bottom right?

Cuz thats a SATA m2 connector and wont accept PCIE drive (NVME suggests PCIE), It will also disable SATA 3

If its not used already use the M2_1 (above the PCIE Slots)

Just now, Dujith said:

Where did u install it? by any chance in the m2 connector at the bottom right?

Cuz thats a SATA m2 connector and wont accept PCIE drive (NVME suggests PCIE), It will also disable SATA 3

If its not used already use the M2_1 (above the PCIE Slots)

True and look not to install into a wifi card m.2

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: Crossfire Radeon 6870 + 6850 | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F | COOLER: COOLER MASTER ML360R | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: GIGABYTE P850GM 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Secondary PC(Currently not operational): CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

I've tried in both locations. My PC doesn't have a wifi card so would that be the lower m.2 slot? And unfortunately I do not have a second device.

21 minutes ago, Enzo1001 said:

Do u have a second computer to check the components? Did some of them work/not work before? Is this the first time u have this issue or did u have similar problems with some of the hardware in ur PC

This pc is completely functional without the M.2 installed. The issue is its running on a laptops old HHD windows so its slow as he'll and I wanted to do a fresh install. All hardware works without it the m.2.

This may not matter, as I am fairly new to PC building. However my fans stayed on, RGB stayed on. All for the last hour. But still no display.

21 minutes ago, H4L0Monster said:

This may not matter, as I am fairly new to PC building. However my fans stayed on, RGB stayed on. All for the last hour. But still no display.

Sometime those drive are tricky and they seems like they are properly installed but aren't, try pushing it in the socket (not too hard, stop before it bends).

Can you enter BIOS/UEFI at boot? If so, can you see the drive as detected?

Spoiler

CPU Ryzen 5900X - Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX X570-E - RAM 16GB of G.SKILL NEON 3600 -
GPU EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 - Case Mastercase H500p mesh - PSU Seasonic Focus Gx-850 -
Corsair MP600 NVME 1 Tb, Samsung 960 PRO 500 Gb & 2 Seagate Baracuda 7200 RPM 2TB in stripe -
Display two VG27AQ 2K monitor - Cooling Corsair H150 Pro - 

Keyboard G-910 W/ Romer G tactile - Mouse G 502 Hero (wired) -
Sound Logitech X-530 and Razer Tiamat headphones

Operating System Windows 10

53 minutes ago, Quickstrike said:

Sometime those drive are tricky and they seems like they are properly installed but aren't, try pushing it in the socket (not too hard, stop before it bends).

He has black screen so no signal

Do u have some beeping going on? I mean the case speakers?

I have no motherboard speaker/buzzer and no case speaker? I'd what that is. The only thing that showes any progress or stoppage is the M.2 has a LED that flashes twice a brief pause then once again. Couldn't find anything online about it though. And I have seated the m.2 multiple times.

3 hours ago, Quickstrike said:

No boot is happening. The monitor notices power when the pc is turned on. But says no input then shuts off.

So I think what is happening is it is trying to boot from the NVME regardless of any other drive or the boot USB when plugged in. I am just not sure how to force it to not do that when the nvme isn't plugged in. 

Doing a bit of research i found an older thread saying he tried moving his GPU... sure enough looks like its working. Ill keep tabs to make sure it goes through.

Ran into a problem when installing windows. Not sure what happened. Logged into my previous windows and the drive said it was working fine with all files intact. I reformatted the drive via CMD

Disk Part

List Disk

Select

Clean

Format FS=ntfs

It made it to 100% then errored out. Something like incorrect procedure?

I tried to clean and format again then it errors out at clean incorrect something else. Rebooted my pc and now its stuck on a select keyboard input type? I can't get past it. And repair tool does nothing.