Random Crashes - Win Update

Hey all, can anyone give me more insight on this? I've got 16GB of RAM and a 7700HQ and a GTX1060 6GB inside my laptop. Been having random freezes and crashes over the last two months or so from a win update i suspect. I've already been through refreshing the pc and doing sfc scannow and DISM . exe cleanup-image restorehealth in the command shell and even a perfmon report in the search bar. any insight would be appreciated. I have an ASUS GL703VM laptop.

cheers.

heck.png

8 hours ago, Auleo said:

Hey all, can anyone give me more insight on this? I've got 16GB of RAM and a 7700HQ and a GTX1060 6GB inside my laptop. Been having random freezes and crashes over the last two months or so from a win update i suspect. I've already been through refreshing the pc and doing sfc scannow and DISM . exe cleanup-image restorehealth in the command shell and even a perfmon report in the search bar. any insight would be appreciated. I have an ASUS GL703VM laptop.

cheers.

heck.png

I had this issue a couple of times for me it was corrupted windows updated the way I fixed it was I downloaded windows on to usb via the windows media creation tool and then plugged it in to my pc and spammed to get to bios then booted to usb and went through the installation steps until I got to where It gave me the option to put some commands in so I did and then I wiped both drives so that way the corrupted files went and then continued the windows setup screen and managed to get into the pc fresh windows install i had the issue on my pc and my brothers laptop  and fixed it on both devices 

3 hours ago, Mitzy said:

I had this issue a couple of times for me it was corrupted windows updated the way I fixed it was I downloaded windows on to usb via the windows media creation tool and then plugged it in to my pc and spammed to get to bios then booted to usb and went through the installation steps until I got to where It gave me the option to put some commands in so I did and then I wiped both drives so that way the corrupted files went and then continued the windows setup screen and managed to get into the pc fresh windows install i had the issue on my pc and my brothers laptop  and fixed it on both devices 

Dang bro, that sounds like i could give that a shot, i would need to find my windows key and jot that down too. thanks i'll try it, 

25 minutes ago, Auleo said:

Dang bro, that sounds like i could give that a shot, i would need to find my windows key and jot that down too. thanks i'll try it, 

Ye it’s worth a try worked for me on an old laptop then on my current pc then on my brothers laptop 

20 minutes ago, Mitzy said:

Ye it’s worth a try worked for me on an old laptop then on my current pc then on my brothers laptop 

Report back here if you get it fixed Please

1 hour ago, Auleo said:

Report back if you get it fixed for others that need the help

I feel like I may have had a crash like this too, but I only checked for update and my system became a toaster. I can’t even get to my bios now.