Black screen, gpu fans become super loud then pc restarts after driver update

Slayer13

Updated drivers for my rtx 2070 super through GeForce now and when I turn my pc on and open chrome or do anything that requires some juice a black screen appears, fans go really loud then the pc restarts. Tried to go back to previous drivers from late March but same issue. Unsure what previous drivers I had. If I use ddu and uninstall drivers then the computer runs fine without having updates drivers. So like whatever windows installs or no drivers. Sometimes after installing drivers it’ll work fine, but if I restart pc to be sure the issue comes back. I have a evga 700 watt bronze psu. Basically can’t use the computer please help

22 minutes ago, Slayer13 said:

Updated drivers for my rtx 2070 super through GeForce now and when I turn my pc on and open chrome or do anything that requires some juice a black screen appears, fans go really loud then the pc restarts. Tried to go back to previous drivers from late March but same issue. Unsure what previous drivers I had. If I use ddu and uninstall drivers then the computer runs fine without having updates drivers. So like whatever windows installs or no drivers. Sometimes after installing drivers it’ll work fine, but if I restart pc to be sure the issue comes back. I have a evga 700 watt bronze psu. Basically can’t use the computer please help

It's very unlikely a driver issue 

Do you have the latest vbios/ firmware for the GPU?

Also how old is this PSU 

And did you have any of these problems before installing your new drivers ?

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 hour ago, TofuHaroto said:

It's very unlikely a driver issue 

Do you have the latest vbios/ firmware for the GPU?

Also how old is this PSU 

And did you have any of these problems before installing your new drivers ?

So I bought the gpu and psu at the same time. When I first put the gpu in I had the same issue and recall installing older drivers and it was fine. Both are about a month old. I’m unsure about the gpu firmware