Computer Won't Boot After Ram Upgrade

Go to solution Solved by Mister Woof,
8 minutes ago, SEAL62 said:

consumer grade hardware usually doesn´t support quad channel RAM (4 Slots). So therefore you should stick with your 2 Slot dual channel 16 GB RAM or get 2 16 GB RAM sticks to get to 32 GB

this is inaccurate. while it will still only be dual channel on mainstream intel boards, and it may be more difficult for your CPU's IMC, you can use all ram slots.

OP:

1. reseat the RAM sticks and try again.

2. if that doesn't work, try resetting CMOS via the method in your manual. Usually there's two pins you short to reset it, or in higher end boards, a button somewhere.

I added more RAM to my PC to go from 16 to 32 GB. I attached an image below I don't know what to do
I bought the same exact Model of RAM for my system ( G.Skill TridentZ RGB F4-3200C16D-16GTZR)

My PC Specs Are as Follows
i9-9900k

RTX 2080 Super

Asus ROG Maximus xi Hero Wifi Motherboard

16GB RAM 3200Mhz

Ram Error.jpg

consumer grade hardware usually doesn´t support quad channel RAM (4 Slots). So therefore you should stick with your 2 Slot dual channel 16 GB RAM or get 2 16 GB RAM sticks to get to 32 GB

Quote or tag me( @SEAL62 ) if you want me to see your reply

consider a reaction if I was funny, informative, helpful, or agreeable

CPU: Intel i9-9900K GPU: Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
AIO: Corsair H150i RGB Platinum RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 3000MHz Case: Corsair iCUE 465X RGB PSU: Corsair RM750x White

HP Envy x360 Convertible

CPU: Intel i5-10210U GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX250 RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2666 SSD: 512GB PCIe

8 minutes ago, SEAL62 said:

this is inaccurate. while it will still only be dual channel on mainstream intel boards, and it may be more difficult for your CPU's IMC, you can use all ram slots.

OP:

2. if that doesn't work, try resetting CMOS via the method in your manual. Usually there's two pins you short to reset it, or in higher end boards, a button somewhere.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

2 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

this is inaccurate. while it will still only be dual channel on mainstream intel boards, you can use all ram slots.

OP:

Ok sorry then for the wrong info, learned something new.

Quote or tag me( @SEAL62 ) if you want me to see your reply

consider a reaction if I was funny, informative, helpful, or agreeable

CPU: Intel i9-9900K GPU: Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
AIO: Corsair H150i RGB Platinum RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 3000MHz Case: Corsair iCUE 465X RGB PSU: Corsair RM750x White

HP Envy x360 Convertible

CPU: Intel i5-10210U GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX250 RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2666 SSD: 512GB PCIe

You could try clocking down the RAM as well, to see if it would be a more stable boot at a lower MHz.

OP: is your system even posting with the new RAM?

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

10 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

OP: is your system even posting with the new RAM?

What do you mean? I had to remove the new RAM and stick with the old 2 slots that were used to get it back working. Jumped into a chat with NZXT on their website they're telling me to test the new RAM by themselves in slot 4 to see if they each boot up by themselves, so I'm about to do that now.

Finding out if all the RAM sticks and slots are working is always good, but I would do a CMOS reset and bios update as well. Also you might check out forums or asus's website about the postcode. It's a RAM related one, not exactly sure what it means tho. As I found different forum threads about it. 

6 hours ago, Mister Woof said:

OP:

The problem I was having is my RAM was not properly seated. I found this out by removing the RAM my PC came with it and installing the new RAM in the same positions and the my PC booted just fine. Added the the old ram too the other two slot and everything is working. I was able to set XMP and now have my RAM running at 3200mhz. Task manager is reading 32 GB and PC is working like a charm again. Using all 4 slots of my RAM