Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Random BSODs recently

Hello everyone, 

Recently my 3600X died (RMA'd and waiting on it). In the meantime I am running a Ryzne 2600. Ever since installing the 2600 I have been having random BSODs and I am not sure what is causing them. 

Tonight I just had 2 BSODs back to back but force shutdown when they happened. 

Think anyone can provide me a hand here? 

Desktop.zip

SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip

Be sure to @Pickles - Lord of the Jar if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD | 4TB HDD 

Try reinstalling Windows.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.2GHz @ 1.35V (courtesy of @XR6)Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 6x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: 512GB Samsung 850 Pro and 1TB WD Blue PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: H100i V2, be quiet! Pure Wings 2 (two intake, two exhausting through radiator) Monitor: 3x Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: It changes, but usually Focus FK-9000 Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and MEE M6 Pro

"If you don't measure things, it's not engineering; it's art." - Jack Ganssle

🏳️‍🌈

Not familiar with Ryzen but could be a chipset issue between Ryzen 3 and Ryzen 2?

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • ASUS TUF GAMING B550M Plus
  • Ryzen 5 5600X undervolted
  • Gigabyte VISION OC RTX 3070 undervolted
  • 32GB Teamgroup Dark Alpha 3600 MHz CL18
  • Corsair TX750M
  • Fractal Design Meshify C Mini

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • Logitech Extreme 3D Pro & Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle
  • Logitech G27 with pedals and H-shifter
  • TrackIR 4

14 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Try reinstalling Windows.

I am thinking of doing that. 

9 minutes ago, JaZoN_XD said:

Not familiar with Ryzen but could be a chipset issue between Ryzen 3 and Ryzen 2?

I don't think so. 

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD | 4TB HDD 

Sometimes when one component dies, it takes out another. 

Power supplies and motherboards are usually good for that.

Im not saying that's the case here, Im just saying.......

Could the motherboard been damaged by a cpu death? Nothing impossible.

- If it ain't broken, don't fix it! - - Your post codes and beep codes in the drop down below -

Competitive Benching Team - Warp9-Systems 

Save the old OC forums just by reading old school tec

https://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/index.php

They have the best F@H stats too. 

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Sometimes when one component dies, it takes out another. 

Power supplies and motherboards are usually good for that.

Im not saying that's the case here, Im just saying.......

Could the motherboard been damaged by a cpu death? Nothing impossible.

True, but I really doubt it. I am currently working with separate community (due to stuff I have access to at work I have access to this :D) and have them review my BSODs, logs and more. Currently it looks like the issue may be due to Malwarebytes and web protection. 

50 minutes ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

True, but I really doubt it. I am currently working with separate community (due to stuff I have access to at work I have access to this :D) and have them review my BSODs, logs and more. Currently it looks like the issue may be due to Malwarebytes and web protection. 

Oh cool! I like Malwarebytes. I don't usually leave it installed though. Once I'm done with scanning and cleaning I remove the software. Generally because it's a trial and will expire anyways.

- If it ain't broken, don't fix it! - - Your post codes and beep codes in the drop down below -

Spoiler

Just now, ShrimpBrime said:

Oh cool! I like Malwarebytes. I don't usually leave it installed though. Once I'm done with scanning and cleaning I remove the software. Generally because it's a trial and will expire anyways.

I have a paid version.

1 minute ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

I have a paid version.

Have you disabled any real-time protection in Malwarebytes? I could see those potentially causing certain issues if they're running.

A girl who loves to love.

37 minutes ago, Aimi said:

Have you disabled any real-time protection in Malwarebytes? I could see those potentially causing certain issues if they're running.

So far looks like web protection was causing it. I also just rolled back to a previous version of MBAM. 

2 minutes ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

So far looks like web protection was causing it. I also just rolled back to a previous version of MBAM. 

As long as MBAM's database is updated you should be fine. Pretty weird how web protection was involved though.

A girl who loves to love.

So I just got a BSOD that was for memory management. so I removed 2 sticks (4 8GB sticks) and going to see how this system behaves. 

Clear CMOS?

TuringMachine

Ryzen 5 3600x - Asus Strix B450-F - Asus ROG RTX 2060S Strix AD - Fury Beast 3200 2x16 GB DDR4 - Phanteks P400S - Corsair RM 650x - BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 - 2x Kingston A2000 NVMe 1TB SSD (RAID 0) - 2x Samsung QVO 1TB SSD (RAID 0) - Seagate Barracuda 3TB

Just now, aDoomGuy said:

Clear CMOS?

Already did. Even flashed. Suspecting something with memory. I know the 3000 series is not super picky and never had issues. The 2000 series I remember it being somewhat picky. Especially when all the slots were filled. So I am going to go out on a limb and see how this goes. Overall my system even feels better. Less... IDK. It just didn't feel right. So yeah. I think that may have been it. 

Going to keep playing with it and see. Hopefully I get my processor back frmo RMA soon. 

1 minute ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

Already did. Even flashed. Suspecting something with memory. I know the 3000 series is not super picky and never had issues. The 2000 series I remember it being somewhat picky. Especially when all the slots were filled. So I am going to go out on a limb and see how this goes. Overall my system even feels better. Less... IDK. It just didn't feel right. So yeah. I think that may have been it. 

Going to keep playing with it and see. Hopefully I get my processor back frmo RMA soon. 

Good luck, my lord.

TuringMachine

Ryzen 5 3600x - Asus Strix B450-F - Asus ROG RTX 2060S Strix AD - Fury Beast 3200 2x16 GB DDR4 - Phanteks P400S - Corsair RM 650x - BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 - 2x Kingston A2000 NVMe 1TB SSD (RAID 0) - 2x Samsung QVO 1TB SSD (RAID 0) - Seagate Barracuda 3TB

51 minutes ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

Well, there's a whole bunch of information that could have been in the original post........ shmeh

Spoiler

So, I have done a few things here:

1)Removed 2 sticks of ram.
2) Updated the bios to the latest one.
3) Did a clean install of Windows. 

So far things are running fine. Good news, my processor replacement is on its way ^_^