Bose NC700s Deal

Mr Technician

I found a great deal on the Bose NC 700s for $300 and am strongly considering buying them. For users of these headphones, are they comfortable? Is the sound quality good? I'm a little nervous that I'll end up with something that doesn't sound great. I was recently given a pair of Arctis 5 headphones and my old $40 Turtlebeach headphones sounded far better. Should I consider something else instead?

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/headphones/noise_cancelling_headphones/noise-cancelling-headphones-700.html?mc=25_SM_HP_SC_00_YT_CorridorCrew#EcommerceArea&v=noise_cancelling_headphones_700_soapstone

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD 1700x Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero RAM: 4 * 8GB G.Skill RGB DDR4 Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: EVGA 750w G3 Monitors: Dell SG2716DG +  2x Dell U2515H

Freenas specs:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 V2 Cooler: Some noctua cooler Motherboard: Supermicro X9 SRL-F RAM: 8 * 8GB Samsung DDR3 ECC Storage: 6 * 4TB Seagate 7200 RPM RAIDZ2 Controller: LSI H220 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro PSU: EVGA 650w G3

Phone: iPhone 6S 32 GB Space Grey

11 minutes ago, ThatFlashCat said:

I found a great deal on the Bose NC 700s for $300 and am strongly considering buying them. For users of these headphones, are they comfortable? Is the sound quality good? I'm a little nervous that I'll end up with something that doesn't sound great. I was recently given a pair of Arctis 5 headphones and my old $40 Turtlebeach headphones sounded far better. Should I consider something else instead?

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/headphones/noise_cancelling_headphones/noise-cancelling-headphones-700.html?mc=25_SM_HP_SC_00_YT_CorridorCrew#EcommerceArea&v=noise_cancelling_headphones_700_soapstone

Yeah you'll get alot more for your money with another brand, if you don't need NC.

If you do need NC, then the Sony WH-1000MX3 are pretty much the best you can get for that price that has very good NC.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

3 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

Yeah you'll get alot more for your money with another brand, if you don't need NC.

If you do need NC, then the Sony WH-1000MX3 are pretty much the best you can get for that price that has very good NC.

I've never had NC before for comparison. What would you recommend that isn't noise cancelling? Also, the Sony headphones you listed supposedly aren't as comfortable as the bose because they press on your ears.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD 1700x Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero RAM: 4 * 8GB G.Skill RGB DDR4 Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: EVGA 750w G3 Monitors: Dell SG2716DG +  2x Dell U2515H

Freenas specs:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 V2 Cooler: Some noctua cooler Motherboard: Supermicro X9 SRL-F RAM: 8 * 8GB Samsung DDR3 ECC Storage: 6 * 4TB Seagate 7200 RPM RAIDZ2 Controller: LSI H220 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro PSU: EVGA 650w G3

Phone: iPhone 6S 32 GB Space Grey

Just now, ThatFlashCat said:

I've never had NC before for comparison. What would you recommend that isn't noise cancelling? Also, the Sony headphones you listed supposedly aren't as comfortable as the bose because they press on your ears.

For something that isn't NC for quite a bit less money (but better sound) the Sennheiser HD598CS, Beyerdynamic DT880/780/990 and Sennheiser HD 558 should do you very well.

https://en-uk.sennheiser.com/audiophile-range

https://europe.beyerdynamic.com/kopfhorer-headsets.html?anwendung=910

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)