If Noctua made a case.

Raawmeat

What Parts of the setup aren’t now brown?

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

2 hours ago, Drama Lama said:

What Parts of the setup aren’t now brown?

Monitor, headphones, mic and desk 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2020 at 9:40 PM, Raawmeat said:

Monitor, headphones, mic and desk 

Just checking in , wanted to say your project is coming along nicely!. Looks like your almost done. I was curious however, did you order new tempered glass for the side panel?. If so where did you get it made, and did you have to provide pin-point specifications so they could put the holes where the screws go and such?. I look forward to checking this thread every month or so to see how your doing with it. Hopefully soon I can stop procrastinating and paint my mouse and other accessories and such. Also did you paint your keyboard?. I know you have custom keycaps but did you paint the base of it?.

16 hours ago, IRegisteredToBrag said:

Just checking in , wanted to say your project is coming along nicely!. Looks like your almost done. I was curious however, did you order new tempered glass for the side panel?. If so where did you get it made, and did you have to provide pin-point specifications so they could put the holes where the screws go and such?. I look forward to checking this thread every month or so to see how your doing with it. Hopefully soon I can stop procrastinating and paint my mouse and other accessories and such. Also did you paint your keyboard?. I know you have custom keycaps but did you paint the base of it?.

Thank you for your appreciation. 

About the tempered glass I did order that from a local glaziery and yes I did provide pin point specs on the size and holes This being the img  I sent to them. and they nailed it tho it had to be 4mm thick for tempered.

I did even try to contact Fractal to see if it would be possible to buy one from them that was simply clear but couldn't. 

Probably gonna start with the bezel of the monitor next year or the headset, gonna have a chat with sennheiser tho to see if i cant get a pair of brown earpads to match it perfectly. 

Yeah the base of the keyboard is just painted like the case and half the mouse. 

On 11/30/2020 at 11:37 AM, Raawmeat said:

Thank you for your appreciation. 

About the tempered glass I did order that from a local glaziery and yes I did provide pin point specs on the size and holes This being the img  I sent to them. and they nailed it tho it had to be 4mm thick for tempered.

I did even try to contact Fractal to see if it would be possible to buy one from them that was simply clear but couldn't. 

Probably gonna start with the bezel of the monitor next year or the headset, gonna have a chat with sennheiser tho to see if i cant get a pair of brown earpads to match it perfectly. 

Yeah the base of the keyboard is just painted like the case and half the mouse. 

Awesome, seems like the tempered glass came out pretty good!. How much did the tempered glass cost?. I'm being told I wont be able to get it made for under $150, Also did you measure the thickness of the glass?. They are saying it maybe even cost up to $200 if I want it actually tempered.Also that mouse pad is straight up beautiful!. Did you use actual wood and have it stained or something?. Or just paint it with some sort of noctua logo stencil?.

1 hour ago, IRegisteredToBrag said:

Awesome, seems like the tempered glass came out pretty good!. How much did the tempered glass cost?. I'm being told I wont be able to get it made for under $150, Also did you measure the thickness of the glass?. They are saying it maybe even cost up to $200 if I want it actually tempered.Also that mouse pad is straight up beautiful!. Did you use actual wood and have it stained or something?. Or just paint it with some sort of noctua logo stencil?.

I asked for a few quotes and got all from 150-80 usd and me being cheap i got the latter one.

And yes the thickness was 3mm on the one from fractal but none of the companies wanted to make it less than 4mm thick, but I didnt see that being an issues as to how the panel is mounted, just dont twist in the screws too much.

I would advise getting a few quotes from different companies as I even had that issue way back when i modded my first case with a acrylic window in the side panel and the first one I asked wanted 60 usd for a 40x40cm square and the next one only wanted 15 usd.

I would recommend still going tempered glass if you got children or pets that might get hurt if the glass would break.

Nah the mouse pad is just an ordinary mouse pad with a custom print on it. I took a stock photo of a wood wall and photoshoped in the logo to look stained and uploaded the photo to custom-playmat.shop and got a 1 Player Custom Playmat for cheap.

Personally, I'm not a fan of mounting the GPU vertically, but that's about the only thing I could do different given the theme. I was curious about what the reverse color choice would look like, but the other guy answered that for me :P 

It's like, I don't actually want something like this, yet I feel someone had to do it :D 

On 12/1/2020 at 1:57 PM, Raawmeat said:

I asked for a few quotes and got all from 150-80 usd and me being cheap i got the latter one.

And yes the thickness was 3mm on the one from fractal but none of the companies wanted to make it less than 4mm thick, but I didnt see that being an issues as to how the panel is mounted, just dont twist in the screws too much.

I would advise getting a few quotes from different companies as I even had that issue way back when i modded my first case with a acrylic window in the side panel and the first one I asked wanted 60 usd for a 40x40cm square and the next one only wanted 15 usd.

I would recommend still going tempered glass if you got children or pets that might get hurt if the glass would break.

Nah the mouse pad is just an ordinary mouse pad with a custom print on it. I took a stock photo of a wood wall and photoshoped in the logo to look stained and uploaded the photo to custom-playmat.shop and got a 1 Player Custom Playmat for cheap.

Nice, thanks again for the information!. The mouse pad looks really good and fooled me into the wood assumption lol. And I showed my roommate your mouse mod and he's baffled. He has the same mouse and was like " How did he make the G logo a Noctua one!?" Hahah. Thanks for the glass thickness on the tempered glass as well, companies I was getting quotes from were asking. I'm still in the process of painting my mouse and doing my keyboard and other peripherals and accessories.  Just sucks because here it's too cold now for any paint to stick. And I have to prime gray before the brown and tan too. It may be a long 4-5+ months until I can finish my project. Unless I can find somewhere inside to pain like someone's garage. Who knows maybe by then I can actually get my 3080. I'm using three 92mm Noctua fans for my GPU mod, but I'm hesitant since I'm about to return my current card and get the next series. Meaning I'd have to remove the stock GPU bracket + fans and such and then reinstall it and them before I return the card for my new one. 

22 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Personally, I'm not a fan of mounting the GPU vertically, but that's about the only thing I could do different given the theme. I was curious about what the reverse color choice would look like, but the other guy answered that for me :P 

It's like, I don't actually want something like this, yet I feel someone had to do it :D 

Yeah it's honestly really cool and intriguing to see his build theme and mine. I was doing a build and said " What is something unique and rare ". I wanted to avoid RGB, and any basic color themes such as the normal colors(Red/Blue/Green/Black/White) etc and I always loved Noctuas fans and brand colors so I figured I would do it. Had I had it my way the case would be different but during the pandemic the only case in stock really that fit the MH-D15 was the Meshify C. Still shocked me when I found this post. I have seen 7-10 " Noctua Themed Builds " on reddit but none were as ever as complete and thematically perfect as OP's here. Unlike me he wasn't lazy and took apart the case to paint it instead of taping sections like I did. And the custom GPU mod is impressive as well. Generally a visually appealing PC!.

On 12/2/2020 at 8:39 PM, IRegisteredToBrag said:

Nice, thanks again for the information!. The mouse pad looks really good and fooled me into the wood assumption lol. And I showed my roommate your mouse mod and he's baffled. He has the same mouse and was like " How did he make the G logo a Noctua one!?" Hahah. Thanks for the glass thickness on the tempered glass as well, companies I was getting quotes from were asking. I'm still in the process of painting my mouse and doing my keyboard and other peripherals and accessories.  Just sucks because here it's too cold now for any paint to stick. And I have to prime gray before the brown and tan too. It may be a long 4-5+ months until I can finish my project. Unless I can find somewhere inside to pain like someone's garage. Who knows maybe by then I can actually get my 3080. I'm using three 92mm Noctua fans for my GPU mod, but I'm hesitant since I'm about to return my current card and get the next series. Meaning I'd have to remove the stock GPU bracket + fans and such and then reinstall it and them before I return the card for my new one. 

Yeah it's honestly really cool and intriguing to see his build theme and mine. I was doing a build and said " What is something unique and rare ". I wanted to avoid RGB, and any basic color themes such as the normal colors(Red/Blue/Green/Black/White) etc and I always loved Noctuas fans and brand colors so I figured I would do it. Had I had it my way the case would be different but during the pandemic the only case in stock really that fit the MH-D15 was the Meshify C. Still shocked me when I found this post. I have seen 7-10 " Noctua Themed Builds " on reddit but none were as ever as complete and thematically perfect as OP's here. Unlike me he wasn't lazy and took apart the case to paint it instead of taping sections like I did. And the custom GPU mod is impressive as well. Generally a visually appealing PC!.

No worries I love to help.

Thanks, I wanted it to kinda blend in and not be just like a plain color so the wood grain was a perfect match (Here is the pic for those who want)

Yeah the logo was a little tricky, I was so afraid that when I started that I wouldnt be able to finish it. First I Had to grind away all the top plastic with a dremel and then fill the hole with some plastic (took a square from some old safety glasses) and glued it together. After that it was time to paint and I had the same issue with outdoor temps and the moisture in the air so when I put on the varnish it just got milky, fixed the issue with putting a dehumidifier next to the parts and waiting for a better day with less moisture. After that it was time to use the dremel again and grind out the Noctua logo in the paint (it took some time) used one of their small stickers from their gift package as a guide on the mouse.

How is the temps doing with the 92mm fans? have wanted to try to see which works best, 2 120mm fans or 3 92mm fans.

• 1 month later...

Amazing rig! 

I found this post searching for Noctua mods on gpu.

I see you have used 2x120 NF-A12x15 fans...

How do they perform? Noise?

Do you control them directly from the gpu replugging them to stock gpu fan connectors or connected to motherboard?

Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, PIRATA! said:

Amazing rig! 

I found this post searching for Noctua mods on gpu.

I see you have used 2x120 NF-A12x15 fans...

How do they perform? Noise?

Do you control them directly from the gpu replugging them to stock gpu fan connectors or connected to motherboard?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Its actually NF-A12x25 fans, and staying on the same temp lower rpm i managed to get them near silent as my case fans make more noise. (this being the windforce cooler on from start) 

And I am controlling them through the motherboard and using its own fan curve.

• 1 month later...

Hope you and your project are doing well!. My glass side panel adventures are still ongoing, looking for the cheapest outlet for it. Right now I'm at the point where I have custom matching keycaps, but my mouse and keyboard themselves are still black. I'm debating on painting them up. I have a Glorious Model O mouse, and I think it comes apart in a decent few pieces so I would be able to spray them rather easily. As for the keyboard I'm thinking I could just tape up the switches and translucent plastic bases they are attached too and spray the keyboard as well. It would be cool for sure to have all my peripherals match the theme too, so I think that's a project for this coming spring and summer. Not to mention I still have yet to do my GPU mod. I still have an ugly 2080 Super that's black and silver in my all noctual themed brown/tan rig. It's an eyesore. I'm going to just take off the bracket with the fan housing and fans themselves and mount some NF-A12X25's to the radiator instead. If I do that and use a stencil and paint the backplate the GPU will fully match the aesthetic of the rest of the build then.