New Build (Minus HDD and PSU) having crashing issues with games.

Hello all, first time poster, and I have to say I am sorry it came to this. I have been TSing issues for the past 6 days trying to get my games (mainly Call of Duty: Modern Warfare but others are crashing too) running and I just can't get it to run.

First off, I am going to throw down my computer specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5-3600 6 Core (3.6 GHz stock)

RAM: 16 GB DDR4 (G.Skill)

Motherboard: MSI X570-A PRO (MS07C37) Bios firmware - H.83 (Updated)

Graphics: 4 GB VRAM Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 (Drivers updated to 26.32.14.4587 (445.87 Version))

Storage: 167 GB INTEL SSD (SSDSC2BW180A4) (SATA)

2 TB Seagate ST2000DM001-1ER164 (SATA)

500 GB Samsung Portable SSD T5 SCSI (USB)

Power Supply - 750W EVGA 80+ Gold rated.

Errors: Dev Errors - 5624, 5763, 6328, and 6068. (6068 is the most common)

These errors happen at random times (loading screen, connecting to online services, while in-game, start of a game, or even in weapon loadouts.

Troubleshooting steps taken:

-Factory Reset on PC

-DSIM restorehealth /scanhealth (CMD Prompt)

-Turning off every single program besides MW.

-NVidia Control Panel tuning (Vsync ON and OFF, Setting power for high performance, Rendering, setting GPU to RTX (even though only one Video card)

-Set Graphics to default, low, high, and ultra

-Set to Window, and fullscreen

-Reinstalled the game on HDD, SSD (SATA) and SSD (USB)

-Reinstalled shaders

-Used DDU to completely remove all graphics drivers and audio drivers in safe mode and rebooted.

-Turned off windows auto update for Graphics Driver / AMD Drivers auto updated.

-Turned off XMP mode in BIOS (Even turned down Frequency of RAM to 2133 instead of 3200 (My cpu only allows for 3200 even though MB allows for 4400))

-Turned off all overclocking of CPU, GPU, and RAM.

-Turned off and unplugged 2nd monitor.

-Scanned and repaired game files.

I even went so far as to test my hardware on a 2nd PC:

-Switched my HDD with another HDD.

-Switched my video card out for an Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 (still issues).

-Switched my RAM out for 2x4 GB Viper DDR4 RAM (from a WORKING PC)

-Switched my RAM into the working 2nd PC and it worked fine.

-Could not test my video card on the other PC though due to size issues.

One thing to note also, when I get the DEV Error 6068 (DirectX Unrecoverable error) it seems to lag up my computer for about 10 seconds after the crash happens.

I do have a snapshot saved of the event viewer after the crashing if you do need it.

If you need any more information, please feel free to ask. I tried to add all the information possible to make it so you didnt have to ask so many questions but I am only human.

If any Devs happen to see this, please help! I would like this to be resolved.

I appreciate your time and effort in viewing this post to anyone who reads this.

Snips attached of windows event viewer (No minidump files created due to no BSOD)

I did do some digging but when looking for these errors not all of the numbers matched up so I figured I would reach out for assistance.

My first gut feeling is either the Video Card or the RAM.

Also attached is an error report from a different game, this claimed a RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 and from looking that up maybe the RAM had cached all the memory from Call of Duty? Unsure.

Sorry for the long post but it has been a long week and I am tired!

Windows Error Report 1.PNG

Windows Error Report 2.PNG

Windows Error Report 3.PNG

Windows Error Report 4.PNG

Windows Error Report 5.PNG

Windows Error Report 6.PNG

Windows Error Report Paladins.PNG

Even if we can't solve your issue I commend you on doing troubleshooting, documenting it and giving us as much info as you can to work with!

Though I'd like you to specify if Factory Reset on PC means you reinstalled Windows from a fresh USB/Disc or if you just did the built-in Windows factory reset?

Main rig:

• Ryzen 3600X • X370 Killer SLI • 16GB Corsair LPX 3200Mhz • Strix 1070ti • Define R5 • SuperNova 750 G2 • Evo 1TB + X300 4TB •

Secondary rig:

• Acer prebuilt • Rzyen 1700X (upgraded) • OEM 1060 3GB • 256GB SSD + 1TB Seagate (upgraded) •

4 minutes ago, Tundral said:

Even if we can't solve your issue I commend you on doing troubleshooting, documenting it and giving us as much info as you can to work with!

Though I'd like you to specify if Factory Reset on PC means you reinstalled Windows from a fresh USB/Disc or if you just did the built-in Windows factory reset?

I reinstalled Windows from a USB as well as from a disc! Sorry about that.

One possibility for isolating the problem could be to install some variety of desktop Linux on one of the drives and trying to run some games with Proton. If this also fails I'd suspect there's some issue with a piece of hardware or its firmware.

Also have you tried to update/reflash your MoBo BIOS?

Main rig:

• Ryzen 3600X • X370 Killer SLI • 16GB Corsair LPX 3200Mhz • Strix 1070ti • Define R5 • SuperNova 750 G2 • Evo 1TB + X300 4TB •

Secondary rig:

• Acer prebuilt • Rzyen 1700X (upgraded) • OEM 1060 3GB • 256GB SSD + 1TB Seagate (upgraded) •

1 minute ago, Tundral said:

One possibility for isolating the problem could be to install some variety of desktop Linux on one of the drives and trying to run some games with Proton. If this also fails I'd suspect there's some issue with a piece of hardware or its firmware.

Also have you tried to update/reflash your MoBo BIOS?

I did look into the desktop Linux but had no idea where to start! And yes I did update my Bios to the most up to date drivers.

4 minutes ago, Raidiation said:

I reinstalled Windows from a USB as well as from a disc! Sorry about that.

have you tried clearing CMOS? Maybe you could clone your main drive and use it on another computer so see if it is a drive problem

NOTE: I AM NEVER ALWAYS RIGHT, BUT I AM HAPPY TO HELP ANYWAY I CAN

Tag me @WambleCropped or quote me so I can see your reply

My Rig: RTX 2060, R7 1700X, Samsung 860 500GB, Masterlite Liquid Cooler, Asrock Pro B540,16GB of RAM G.Skill 2133

PSU Tier List                    SSD Tier List                              Graphics Tier List

2 minutes ago, Raidiation said:

I did look into the desktop Linux but had no idea where to start! And yes I did update my Bios to the most up to date drivers.

You do mean updated the motherboard BIOS from the BIOS, not just the Windows drivers for your motherboard?

Edited by Tundral
Added ?

Main rig:

Secondary rig:

1 minute ago, Tundral said:

You do mean updated the motherboard BIOS from the BIOS, not just the Windows drivers for your motherboard

I updated the BIOS using a USB and files gathered from the manufacturer website. Using the BIOS setting USB Flash. I also did it one at a time instead of jumping to the most up to date.

3 minutes ago, WambleCropped said:

have you tried clearing CMOS? Maybe you could clone your main drive and use it on another computer so see if it is a drive problem

When I changed out hardware the BIOS did tell me it reset the CMOS, but I haven't actually manually done it. I have a new HDD coming (and 16 GB DDR4 RAM) tomorrow and I am going to test those bad boys out to see if it does anything.

5 minutes ago, Raidiation said:

I did look into the desktop Linux but had no idea where to start!

Just install Ubuntu or Pop-OS or something on one of the drives. The process is really similar. Then install graphics drivers and Steam (Pop-OS should have an 'app store' you can easily get them from). With Steam you could just download and try out some game (preferably one you have issues with) that's compatible with Linux and see if you have the issues you do with a Windows install.

Main rig:

Secondary rig:

Just now, Rancidpunk said:

No idea if it helps but maybe consider rolling your bios back as you are using a beta bios according to the MSI website. Also there is a chipset driver update available from the amd website for your mobo if you haven't done it in the last month https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570 

I did see that Beta and did consider that! I will go ahead and test that out! And yeah I got the chipset installed after my last clean install. Do I just go through the same process I did when updating the BIOS but with the previous version?

2 minutes ago, Tundral said:

Just install Ubuntu or Pop-OS or something on one of the drives. The process is really similar. Then install graphics drivers and Steam (Pop-OS should have an 'app store' you can easily get them from). With Steam you could just download and try out some game (preferably one you have issues with) that's compatible with Linux and see if you have the issues you do with a Windows install.

I will go ahead and exhaust that avenue, I see that I can get Ubuntu alongside my windows install so I can give that a go!

1 minute ago, Raidiation said:

I did see that Beta and did consider that! I will go ahead and test that out! And yeah I got the chipset installed after my last clean install. Do I just go through the same process I did when updating the BIOS but with the previous version?

You would need to check carefully on the msi website for details on rolling back :)

6 minutes ago, Rancidpunk said:

You would need to check carefully on the msi website for details on rolling back :)

Alright, just looked it up! Going to give it a try. If you don't hear back from me for awhile.... I done broke it! haha

Alright I am back with the downgraded BIOS. I tested out the game and didn't crash so far. BUT I have had times where I went hours without a crash. I will post an update when/if something happens!

EDIT: WELP Exited the game and restarted the game to try to simulate what I have before and my game crashed!

Not the same crashes though, didn't mention MW at all, and no D3DDRE2 or whatever it was.

Windows Error AFTER Bios Downgrade.PNG

Windows Error AFTER Bios Downgrade 1.PNG

Edited by Raidiation
Crashed right after post haha