Need help finding a good budget memory

I’m building a pc and I found a $50 hdd, but I know those are sort of out of date. I think ssd’s are the way to go but I’m not sure how much storage I need or whether I should use an m.2. I’m not too familiar with terms(like PCIe or stuff like that) and I’m relatively new to pc parts and builds.

3 minutes ago, PTM said:

I’m building a pc and I found a $50 hdd, but I know those are sort of out of date. I think ssd’s are the way to go but I’m not sure how much storage I need or whether I should use an m.2. I’m not too familiar with terms(like PCIe or stuff like that) and I’m relatively new to pc parts and builds.

I would get a 240GB or larger SSD. That would be okay if you have a hard drive in your system.

A Crucial BX500 or MX500 would be good cheap options.

The MX500 will stay faster if you use a lot of its capacity.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

5 minutes ago, PTM said:

I think 240gb should be enough 

I think you can go with adata xpg sx850 it the cheapest ssd with dram cache which i found today 

Crucial Mx500 are good 

I would not go with bx500 

As u are in budget I think sata is ur only option.

Going m.2 would be nice but it will be slightly priced high and also u need ur motherboard to support it .

Performance is similar in both the ssd so don't worry.

Hope this helps You bro