Peel off the new top - Apple refreshes macbook pro 13-inch

williamcll
Go to solution Solved by TetraSky,
8 hours ago, williamcll said:

Thoughts: Look at the first picture, do you see anything out of the ordinary

Not sure what I'm looking at. Is it because they are advertising it as if it was a gaming laptop instead of whatever it is supposed to be?

26 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

What game is being portrayed in the advertisement photo?

Dota 2 
apples website notes it:

Play graphics-intensive games like Dota 2 and enjoy responsive performance and vivid detail.

Im not sure `Dota 2` counts as `graphics-intensive games`. but maybe if you haven't played games since the `good old days` of mac gaming like when halo was being developed, Dota2 looks good ;)

But apple are listed the gaming before FCPX ! they do seem to be looking at gamesimage.thumb.png.f994d70e59bbb3baf91e7fb134348645.png

Something i did not see mentioned here yet is the fact that the new 10th gen cpus apple is using seem to be exclusive to apple,

Apples 10 Gen i7 chips have a base clock of 2.3Ghz and a boost of 4.1GHz

Dells’s new 13” XPs i7 has a base clock of only 1.3Ghz and a boost upto 3.9Ghz

This is quite a large differnce in base clock speed it will be intresting to see how this plays out in testing.

7 hours ago, hishnash said:

Something i did not see mentioned here yet is the fact that the new 10th gen cpus apple is using seem to be exclusive to apple,

Apples 10 Gen i7 chips have a base clock of 2.3Ghz and a boost of 4.1GHz

Dells’s new 13” XPs i7 has a base clock of only 1.3Ghz and a boost upto 3.9Ghz

This is quite a large differnce in base clock speed it will be intresting to see how this plays out in testing.

I believe Intel allows OEMs to ramp some CPUs up to higher power limits, which appears to be the case here.  In that regard the XPS 13 is now more of a competitor to the MacBook Air than the Pro -- it's safe to say the Pro will have much more raw processing power.