Ryzen build for my 2020 PC

Dujith

So tossing my build in here to see if i screwed anything big up (my last AMD build was Duron).

Building this around the Pure Base DX. I like how it looks and still has decent noise stat (it will be standing next to my 2nd monitor on the right). 

So any motherboard will have to support addressable LED's.

I already have 2 NVME drives (960 EVO 256MB and 970 EVO 1TB) so those are not needed.

So far i have this:

• Case: Be Quiet, Pure Base 500DX
  • Motherboard: GIGABYTE AORUS B450 ELITE (rev. 1.0)
  • Memory: Hyperx 16GB Kit HX436C17FB3K2/16
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
  • GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 WINDFORCE 2X 8G
  • PSU: Be Quier, Pure Power 11 500W

Still on the fence for a CPU cooler, on the 1 hand i like the clean look of an AIO but had 1 corsair with a failed pump. Tho they did send me 1 the next day to replace it.

On the other hand i know a good air cooler can be / is better than an AIO cooler.

I'm not going to O/C much if any, so might just get a AIO 🤔

My budget is roughly 1000 Euro's.

I live in the Netherlands so any suggestion will have to be bought here. I usually use:

informatique.nl

alternate.nl

azerty.nl

Also as a side note, due to covid19 there is alot of stuff not available or long term :S 

Well the the stock can give you a little bit of overclocking, assuming only the GPU is improved:

For graphics cards you could instead switch to a 2070 SUPER instead, the Aorus model has RGB and has the second best boost clock among the chips

https://www.alternate.nl/AORUS/GeForce-RTX-2070-AORUS-SUPER-8G-grafische-kaart/html/product/1560825? but you might have to wait until new stock arrives.

If you cannot wait, get the regular gigabyte model instead:

https://www.alternate.nl/GIGABYTE/GeForce-RTX-2070-SUPER-GAMING-OC-3X-WHITE-8G-grafische-kaart/html/product/1573723?

However, if you think your current GPU is enough, then consider the following coolers instead:
For air: The NH-D15 https://www.alternate.nl/Noctua/NH-D15-cpu-koeler/html/product/1136477?

For Liquid: The Alphacool LT360 https://www.alternate.nl/Alphacool/Eisbaer-LT360-CPU-waterkoeling/html/product/1428254?

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

@williamcll

Both those cards are a quite a bit more then the 450 i'll pay for the 2070 "normal"

While i am a bit flexible budget wise, thats stretching it a bit. Also busy upgrading/moving down the pc's for the rest of the family :D 

Keeping the RGB simple. So really require it on the GPU.

20 minutes ago, Dujith said:

@williamcll

Both those cards are a quite a bit more then the 450 i'll pay for the 2070 "normal"

While i am a bit flexible budget wise, thats stretching it a bit. Also busy upgrading/moving down the pc's for the rest of the family :D 

The “normal” 2070 I saw not that good compared to something that is the same price on the amd side, like a 5700 xt. Look into that

2 minutes ago, YT_DomDaBomb20 said:

The “normal” 2070 I saw not that good compared to something that is the same price on the amd side, like a 5700 xt. Look into that

While i would love to switch there too. It seems that driver issues still follow AMD with their GPU's.

Specially with Blizzard games i notice guildies having issues and confirmed by blue posts.

I do not know why or who's fault it is. But there are no so issues with Nvidia, so staying with them for now.

Just now, Dujith said:

While i would love to switch there too. It seems that driver issues still follow AMD with their GPU's.

Specially with Blizzard games i notice guildies having issues and confirmed by blue posts.

I do not know why or who's fault it is. But there are no so issues with Nvidia, so staying with them for now.

Driver issues were patched

Just now, YT_DomDaBomb20 said:

Driver issues were patched

Yes, but they keep cropping up. At this point its a very much personal preference for Nvidia and wont be something i will change. I appreciate the effort tho ;) 

52 minutes ago, Dujith said:

@williamcll

You selected config had some spare money to 1000 EU, so I pick those instead.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

9 minutes ago, williamcll said:

You selected config had some spare money to 1000 EU, so I pick those instead.

I'm already at that without the cooler.

MB is 99, memory 107, PSU 75, GPU 450, CPU 175, case is 100. so thats 1006 already :D 

2 hours ago, Dujith said:

Yes, but they keep cropping up. At this point its a very much personal preference for Nvidia and wont be something i will change. I appreciate the effort tho ;) 

Ok I understand