GTX 1650 No display at middle of installing drivers

Hi, I'm currently using GT 1030 Aero with Gigabyte GA-M68M-S2P (Rev 1.0) with latest F6A bios. 1030 doesn't have any problem with the pc. A month ago, i got this ASUS DUAL GTX 1650 as a gift. I thought my pci 1.1 mobo would bottleneck the heck out of this card, but since i got it for free what could go wrong with trying? And i got my answer with no display at middle of driver installation. At no display, it also locks keyboard and mouse, forcing me to reset the pc. My psu is roughly 6 months old and it gives 27A (324w) from single rail and it's more than enough to feed a 75W card, so i don't think that's the problem. I can see the card on windows safe mode device management, so pc identifies the card.

Things i tried;
Clearing BIOS
Installing different driver versions
Formatting Windows 10

If the only real gift i got in my life is DOA (dead on arrival) I'm done with life literally. I hope we can solve this out.
Thanks.

did you try updating via device manager?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

did you try updating via device manager?

Uh, no. I didn't knew it was possible that way. Will try tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Monolithian said:

Uh, no. I didn't knew it was possible that way. Will try tomorrow.

yeah all you do is right click and have windows automatically search for a driver, sometimes this is no different than getting your drivers yourself but occasionally it provides a different result.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

depending on the pcie version of that gpu, it may have problems on that board. that board is a v.2

yeah all you do is right click and have windows automatically search for a driver, sometimes this is no different than getting your drivers yourself but occasionally it provides a different result.

Hmm. I just took a glance, at device manager it shows as "windows basic display adapter" and windows says i have the latest driver when i try to update. 

Just now, bmx6454 said:

depending on the pcie version of that gpu, it may have problems on that board. that board is a v.2

Are you sure? GPU-Z and Hwinfo says it's pci 1.1 🤔

Hmm. I just took a glance, at device manager it shows as "windows basic display adapter" and windows says i have the latest driver when i try to update. 

That means the graphics card is currently not being detected, you may want to try using DDU and restarting

Primary PC:

That means the graphics card is currently not being detected

Then I guess installing via device manager is out of option.

3 minutes ago, Monolithian said:

Are you sure? GPU-Z and Hwinfo says it's pci 1.1 🤔

https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/DUAL-GTX1650-O4G/specifications/

that card is definitely not v1.1 maybe your old card is.

Oh no i meant my mobo is 1.1. I know the card uses 3.0 but they should be backwards compatible. My gt 1030 is also 3.0 and works without problem on this mobo.

yes, but different cards can have different issues. your mobo is pcie v.2, or if it is v1.1, that's more of an issue. pcie slots are backwards compatible, gpu's, not always.

if you can, try the card in a different pc to make sure the card is 100%.

Just now, bmx6454 said:

if you can, try the card in a different pc to make sure the card is 100%.

I'm afraid that's out of my options at the moment. All local hardware stores are closed because of current quarantine.

I'm afraid that's out of my options at the moment. All local hardware stores are closed because of current quarantine.

its not needed, just would have been helpful to narrow things down a bit.